Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Hello Floor It's Just Me Dropping In and a Clean Slate



I'm always amazed at how quickly an accident can happen or happens. I can see how get ripped off literally in a factory or even in the garage working around machine like wood turning lath. Remember a couple years ago when I caught my arm in the grab bar in the shower and slowly slid off my chair and how my home health person valiantly balanced me on my shower chair, that I was sliding off , keeping the weight off my arm so my arm to snap until the firemen got there and save the day. Well, today I was in my shower chair which is a commode on wheels and I was rolling over the toilet to the shower to begin my shower and my front wheels caught either in a hold of file on the floor or the lip of the shower can't remember which but whatever the situation, without thinking, I leaned forward way to forward and in that instance totally dove out of my chair onto the floor partially in the shower. Fortunately, I went right into my tumbling mode and safely rolled to the floor more shocked than anything else but totally pleased that nothing seem to be broken skin horrible. Annette was in the kitchen cleaning up. I pounded on the wall and got your attention. She came in assess the situation and got right to work I was totally impressed. Dianne and I talked about being able to get me off the floor with our lift should I fall but thank goodness we never had to employ the lift retrieve me off the floor. Very quickly, Annette and myself were able to sling me up back in the chair. No foul no harm.we were both totally pleased we did not have to contact the fire department.

The clouds rolled in during the night. and foreboding the morning was luckily I had nowhere to go nothing to do but work on my computer. As I alluded to yesterday I'm glad to the original to replace my hard drive but I always forget in doing so I lose all my software on the hard drive. So either have to reenter the software or download more which I was doing. Perhaps the most challenging aspect I ended up with was reinstalling my Dragon Dictate software. The software that allows me to do speech to text on the computer. I always get nervous thinking that something is going to go wrong especially since I have to enter him relatively long sequences of letters and numbers. I just went to it though after I dug out my software but it was still there is no box in this little air bubble packing and the original sleeve with the password printed three times! It still took me two hours to install Dragon. I'm not sure exactly what I ended up doing. I entered the passwords at least three separate times in the computer and only allow me to go so far and then stopped responding. Finally, I set the project aside went down to check my mail and came back and try to process again and for some reason the system took the passwords entered and my data and loaded itself onto a hard drive. I was ecstatic! Now, I'm a little frustrated. The software I'm using is pretty good at least for me. It is learned by speech patterns and a lot of my words. It is taken a couple years for that to happen. Now however I'm working with a clean slate and the system is refusing to accept a lot of my speech patterns for now is going to be another couple years probably teaching this new “brain” me. I guess I don't have worse challenges…

No comments: