Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Sunshine Superman



I'm so relieved. I really thought the new hard drive which is installed in my desktop week or so ago was begin the malfunction when I try to watch some of the DVDs my home health person brought over the other day. (See posting three or four days ago). I did contact my son about the issue and he indicated that perhaps I should try using the system with one of my own DVDs which has worked. This was late Sunday night but he volunteered to swing by the apartment early in the morning to drop the computer off at PC laptops. The old computer switcheroo is the last thing that I really want to do. Mark was also getting ready to leave the area for a number of days towards the end of the week which means getting of putting up the computer would be a real drag. So I tried the option Mark suggested and dug up a copy of Dead Pool I have recently viewed. I popped the DVD into the tray pushed at home and sure enough the movie came up. I didn't necessarily like the interface system used to play the DVD but it worked just fine. As I said this is a great relief. Armed with this knowledge that I had a working DVD player have begun to profile the rest of the stack of DVDs that person brought over. Significant amount are operational best kind of nice. I'm thinking the ones are not our hybrids or DVD/Blu-ray. That's okay the DVDs are ones I'm most interested in any way.

The only problem about starting a project like this is the the high probability of getting sucked into the movie on the DVD you are proofing. A few minutes ago I stuck the Green Lantern tray and soon I was getting sucked into the movie. As we all know Green Lantern is from the DC universe. It's not that I'm not DC hater I'm not. I mean when I was growing up DC comics were about the only things out there so I totally was into Superman, Batman and kind of Wonder Woman. However, when I hit adolescence I soon got into Spiderman and the rest of the Marvel universe and then that's all she wrote. So I really didn't know much about the Green Lantern except for Donovan's short reference in his song Sunshine Superman I figured the Green Lantern had to be cool if Donovan referenced them. I thought Donovan was a trip. I liked a few pieces of music that made it to the radio, that he did especially Mellow Yellow I sacrificed more than one summer afternoon stripping inside the bananas trying to make the mythical drug. Didn't do anything for me but gave me something to talk about. I've got the DVD in the tray right now and I'm going to finish watching the movie as soon as I finish this posting. In fact I'm so excited about even to this posting short of the 500 words but I usually push myself to write or maybe not…

No comments: