Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Slow Sick Afternoon



“All the leaves are Brown and the skies are gray”. So goes the refrain one of my favorite songs, California Dreaming by the Mama's and the Papas one of the iconic bands of the 60s. That reference's exactly how I feel today looking out my window at the great dark skies over the park when trying to coax the the heat out the heater I purchased a few weeks ago. There are two things I'm planning to do today finish the wash i.e. folding clothes and putting them away and blogging. I'm not going to do my arm bike just cannot get. Up the energy. Not knowing for sure where Iraq's with this illness I am just taking everything slow. Ingesting fluids in short everything is listed to do to get well. Discussing the working it does not seem to be working.

Last night about 10:30 PM I was getting in bed, readers will remember I have an all electric bed it's just perfect for me and lastly live independently except… When there's a power failure one sort or another. Last night's power failure was somehow the extension cord which case the power strip that operates the bed lost its convention. Luckily, I had just lower the bed to its lowest setting and tumbled into bed only to realize what digital clock next to the bed was not functioning. I quickly pushed the buttons on the hand control: none of them functioned. I thought I had prepared for this event the last time this happened to me. It was only a few minutes after 10 and people in my network will likely would still be up but they live a bit of away away. Then I remembered Billie who is my new neighbor across the hall. Billie is older and since she does not sleep very well and that she is up a good part of the night. could just go to sleep to give me up in the morning and talk her through the fix. I reallyneed to be in control so I could speed dial and woke Billie. Billie was nice a bit befuddled but certainly stepped up to the challenge. We got the problem solved. I tried to go back to sleep which only partially happened.

This morning I slept until about an hour passed the time are usually rise. I was moving in slow Mo. I shaved, wandered into the kitchen. It will be back to the bedroom. I could tell just by the feel the skies were overcast and the leaves are brown. I should be in bed resting trying to get the butt of this sickness but I have clothes to fold and the supers written by the contractor supposed to hold my carpet put a hard floor down. Going to crank up the way got my chair and dial in to Amazon music, mamas of the Papas greatest hits lean back and transport myself to San Francisco 1965…

No comments: