Friday, January 10, 2020

Taking Care Of Business…



You know those Fridays. The kind of Fridays one feels energized like you want to get something done. The clouds cleared off early and my cleaning person had done a great job this morning not only caring for me but sprucing up the kitchen back to the apartment while she waited for me to do my business. It sounds like foul weather is coming into the area again in the form of snow this weekend. I figured if I was going get any more running around the advantage of this morning before my cleaning person this afternoon. I decided I would make one more attempt at resolving my “Demand” letter. In fact I was so beaten down I was contemplating just giving the registrar the 10 bucks to get this whole mess behind me.

To check my schedule and sure enough I have 13 minutes to make it to my bus stop. I threw on the slippery poncho I got from Dianne Christmas by floppy winter hat and took off for the communit college. The was Sun was brilliantly bright given the illusion of warmth. With my Christmas poncho tucked under my legs and my blue hobo sweater I felt great being out and about as my transit bus pulled up.It's a short, quick trip the community college for my apartment. I was still surprised at how many kids were on campus. Not sure when winter semester begins but there are a lot of folks at the union preparing to register. I took the elevator first to the basement that as for the cashier's office is that they of course redirected me immediately to the registrar's office on the second floor. It took me a minute to get my bearings once I got to the second floor. And I sit right over to the registrar's office. I defiantly trust the paperwork that I have filled out over the weekend telling the poor who happened to be on deck when I rolled up. I told the person that I'm so burnt out over this whole issue I'm ready to just pay the $10 and get on with it. Or else surprised this registrar person said, “no no no but still we can do. Sure we can figure this out.” I backed away took a deep breath and let my guard down just a little bit. She took my paperwork, as we pull out my wallet afterward she examined my identification then I imagine she pulled me up on her computer. She worked and she worked and she worked finally said I think that will do it. She also said that she would personally walk the process through herself make sure got done right. I should be okay but let her know if things didn't turn out all right. I felt a lot better now and hopefully stop the flow of these “Demand” letters and $10 requests. Now I'll just sit back and see what comes of my day at the community college.

A little after 3 o'clock in the afternoon I was kind of shocked when I clean person, and the apartments maintenance guy and Jennifer the apartment manager knocks on my door walks in while I was playing Snood on the computer. It come to assess the damages to the shower. The maintenance guy gave me a temporary. He put something in the holes and then covered up with blue masking tape. He hopes that will prevent my chair from toppling over and tell management can come up with the better solution . So a day may have got my “demand letter” issue taking care of and got the ball rolling for the bathroom/shower repair things are looking up…

No comments: