Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Faces


No photo description available.
niece
New Big Sister!
Wow, the whole birth family thing is kind of world down and seems to only go relegated to a little sooner on the back burner for the past couple months. This is good, I'm sure, allowing me to better wrap my head around this whole concept of stumbling upon my birth family at this point in my life. So, it was with a bit of surprise that today's I'm being contacted by my birth family. I don't know if this is what you would call synchronicity (but I find it's always fun to use a word of this many letters in a sentence). Last night out of the blue I was contacted by my birth brothers daughter. A cute little person I have noticeda couple times on the growing family text group. She's got to be married by public way she signed her name. Making a move to the middle and married name trailing. So, for all I know she's using an image from her adolescence on the Facebook identity. She's putting together a 50 year anniversarycelebration for my older brother, Tony and his wife Carla! One of the few couples in my age group that has reached the 50 year mark. What a predictable but anything to do. I'm kind of impressed. Tony and Carla went down in Utah County about an hour or two from me here in Taylorsville. I truly hope they do not drive the event up here just so I can attend. If they have this event in Utah County I will figure out a way to get there.

Like I said I have sort of been following these guys for a little while so it was not a great surprise when the niece made this announcement. However I cannot say the same for the text I received last night. I was halfway the middle of a Amazon prime movie when I heard the “ding!”sound off in the bedroom and a few seconds later and oval continue popped up in the corner of my screen whereas watching the movie. The oval announced herself as my sister gave herself a brief introduction she wanted me to include her to my group. She definitely had the rest of the families phenotypes, and I suppose the same as I (butI don't see it). I wasn't quite sure what to do with the request. I didn't have a problem with the request per se and certainly authorized access to my text group or Facebook or whatever it is. Then this morning I got a further text inquiry obviously desiring to get into a full-blown conversation. I figured what the heck why not. I found in our short text chat that she was indeed my older sister born 1945! Even more cautiously exciting is that she lives in Salt Lake or more specifically West Valley City. So, she's not that far from me. The conversation was brief but enlightening. She indicated that she was alone, a widow of 10 years. She also strongly suggested that she's always been a long, an only child. Probably, placed by Catholic committee services to a family who could not conceive but just adopted one individual. When she said that, so brief but so alone but almost broke my heart. After all here I am sitting in the middle of 10 children. Talk about two different people. She had to close the text chat relatively soon indicated that she was almost to work. I wish I knew where she worked her what she did. I'm looking forward to meeting this one for some reason.

In one 24 hour period I'm suddenly, once again deep in the concept of being part of a birth family, a big birth family once again just trying to wrap my head…

No comments: