Tuesday, March 28, 2017

A Good Day


I just finished my blog post for today and I get a call in the phone and something happened, I don't know, and the whole thing disappeared. There was a time I would spend hours if not days trying to resurrect the piece of writing but not anymore. Now I just accept the loss and move on that means dictating another 500 words so be it. Actually, there's nothing I would like better than to zone out and watch TV for the rest of the night. It's been a busy day and I'm tired. It has been a cold day and I'm tired. It has been a cold day and I've been out on the tarmac and I'm tired. But it's been a good day all things considered.


I'm in a weird sleep cycle now that I wake about 4:35 AM and cannot get back to sleep. I used to be bummed out and try to force myself back to sleep now I just focus on resting until 6 AM then get up. Today especially I wanted to get an early start. I wanted to drop off the wheelchair motor I got last week from eBay at Create. I wanted to also get to my Assist meeting. In my regular power chair that would not be an issue but with the chair that I'm using now I fear I may deplete the batteries before my work is finished which Freaks me out. I figured I can hit Create and check my energy level and if they were low than I can charge for hour. However, for the time I finished my work at Create I was still sitting on a percent charge which was enough to get to Assist and home again but not much more. The driver on my trip to Buffmire informed me that if I stayed on the 217 it would drop me off at a train station just a few stops up saving me a great deal of energy. What is very ironic is that after all the stress and focus when I get to the Assist, Inc. office I'm informed that there will not be a meeting today. Dave actually had called and left a message on my cell but I rarely check my cell for messages. And during inclement weather season I called every morning on Tuesdays to see if the meetings would be canceled but I have not been checking sense the weather turned nicer. I was glad that I made the effort to go in though. Roger B., The former director of the private nonprofit was there policing of small files. It was just the three of us Roger, David and me we talked a little bit about the old days and some other things and hope to do this summer. It was almost an old guy's moment. I was anxious to get back to my apartment so I backed off after a few moments and hit the road retracing my route all the way. I almost stopped at the sizzlers I've noticed on this route at about 3500 S. I was at about 65% charge when we got to 3500 S. bus stop half a block from the restaurant I would have to cross the street and rolled down the Sizzlers and I just didn't want just the battery that much. I told the driver to take me home and home I went.

No comments: