Monday, March 27, 2017

Pain In The Foot



I'm sweating my brains out and it is not because it's hot. I am sweating because I'm in pain and it is not a lot of pain but pain just same.. I'm not sure if the sweating is coming from issues with my butt. Or issues with my feet.. I'm pretty sure it's my feet… Quite surprisingly my butt feeling pretty good the past couple of days. I'm sure it's my feet. This backup chair man as foot pedals which articulate when going into the reclined position. With my tone or spasticity the back of my feet get drawn into the foot pedals and get pinched. The foot pedals also in fine and this causes pressure on my feet as well all of which I believe results in the amount of swelling I am doing – – this sweating, of course, is a form of autonomic hyperreflexi pain feedback look refocuses spinal cord injuries are susceptible. It's supposed to be like a body early warning system to let you know something is out of whack. And granted, this can be important I guess. This is another one of those things that other folks with disabilities that I was around growing up right after my accident were susceptible to but not me for some reason. My buddy Gene seem like he was always getting sweats just the weirdest reasons for his tennis shoes to be too tight, or is Levi's and have a wrinkle he was seated on. I just thought it was all so weird. Now it's happening to me.. I have some sort of a barnacle one on each side of my feet and when I put my shoes on and don't have my shoes tightened my feet tend to rock on their sides putting pressure on the sore spots and then my sweating begins. My sweats at this point,, are not profuse just some dampness on my neck just enough to make one uncomfortable and concerned. I really don't pursue any kind of solution at this point I can just readjust my weight, most of the time, or move my feet around and the sweating stops and I'm okay. Again I feel the reason all this is happening is because of the amount of time I'm sitting in this back up chair. As of last Friday my technician suggested it might be two weeks before the chair,, my regular chair, it is done. That means I just need to pace myself and realize that I have to pay attention to my body, body shift needed someone to tighten up my shoes to the maximum.

Am I really becoming a world class boob?! What next on my body will begin to fail and what should I do then? This is so hard to do now that I'm on my own.before, I have Dianne, for the last 20 years actually she was my great nurse she really didn't know everything medical it seemed. She can eyeball wound or symptom and know exactly what to do or what to say. Now, I am. on my own trying to remember what she said and what she did for this and for that. Somehow the only get half of what I need right.



























No comments: