Sunday, March 26, 2017

Bullet Ville


I live in kind of weird part of town. We live in a gated community and I feel pretty safe. But it is a rough neighborhood. There is a lot of strange little shops and markets in the area serving a lot of the minorities. There are a lot of minority folks in this area which is great. It is quite a divergent neighborhood. Almost directly across the street is a many stripmall. One of the markets is a True Value type store run by a polygamist family.what I found really cool is that there is a Indian food store and when I say Indian I mean East Indian. It is quiet place and I find myself going over there quite a bit.. My latest indenture was this morning. Actually I should back up.

Couple of days ago I got a food processor I ordered.. It seemed to take forever for the device to get here. I am trying to outfit myself with items I need to cook the way I want. I have been interested lately in cooking some garbanzo beans in an effort to make hummus. I was fortunate to find a recipe online to make hummus from canned garbanzo beans but one needs a food processor. I found one online for less than 20 bucks I cannot believe it and it finally cam in. Then I realized I had not reread the recipe and sure enough, the recipe calls for materials I did not have but then I remembered the Indian market. As I understand hummus is from India are somewhere in the East. I hardly have any spices however I am picking up more and more along the way. What I find that I need for hummus is cumin.. I don't really understand cumin very well but I do like hummus in making something out of garbanzo beans. In fact I purchased a bag of dry chickpeas/garbanzo from the Indian market couple weeks ago not realizing I could make the same product out of canned garbanzos

I've taken my time unpacking the food processor. It's just a small piece of equipment all things being equal.. I traditionally have purchased the biggest item I could regardless of the project I had in mind but I decided this time to think small.. I don't think I will use the processor that much and you don't really need or make a huge supply of hummus. At least I don't think. The more I ponder my small food processor the more think of other ways I might use it. By making turkey salad spread,, corned beef spread and who knows what other items could be whipped up with this bladed device.


I've only been at this apartment complex since October over the coldest part of the winter. Now however the weather is beginning to turn and be somewhat pleasant. There are a number of small restaurants across the street a little south of my intersection. A couple of very authentic Hispanic restaurants – – basically serving a very Hispanic clientele, an Asian restaurant and Hispanic market a little market similar to the Indian place very authentic.. Great places to shop. I affectionately refer to my neighborhood as Bullet-ville. I don't have any evidence to validate that moniker at least yet.

No comments: