Wednesday, March 15, 2017

More Equipment Stress



Paul was here Tuesday and he knew I had to do the Assist meeting. 
I Did Assist, lunch with David then back to the apartment,spent the afternoon with Paul. Six o'clock we went to dinner .There is so much happening I don't even know where to start. We had a great dinner. I sent Carl and Paul home and went to check my mail and all of a sudden my chair malfunctioned.. I seem to have lost my motor on my left side. I called Paul and Carl who came back and try to fix my chair. We're hoping for easy fix that didn't happen course. I even called Gary from Norco. I was really hoping he could pull a rabbit out of his hat.. He could not the best we could do was provide them with serial number information and he was going to check with the Corporation about warranty and quick fix options through the manufacturer.

I sent Carl and Paul home and then rolled around for a little bit.. I knew I was in trouble when I cannot get my clothes off, more specifically my pants. I was able to get them partially off the decided just to go to bed. I was surprised to see how challenged I was even in getting into bed. It was quite a struggle but I finally was able to make the transition. Luckily by partially having my pants off I was able to use those to get I laid back on the bed get to sleep I was exhausted..

Carl got me up this morning – – dressed and in my chair. Paul came over later on and actually fix the shelf or desk-I have been thinking about. Now I have a nice work area next to the chest of drawers. Paul also got a lattice for the patio. I should be able to work out there this summer with no problems that's really great and of course she would not take any payment for the lattice. It's been really great to have Paul here. Paul has helped me out a lot even with his bum-foot.. It was great having both brothers here help me out I truly felt blessed.


I have to admit I'm kind of feeling bummed out because the weather is turned beautiful. Today the temperature should be up around 75° that is unbelievable.. I of course cannot enjoy the weather fully because I don't have my power chair.. But perhaps the lesson here is to forget about what I could be doing enjoy the moment of joy being able to sit out on my patio, in the shade, and enjoy the weather I can during this day that I can. Accept this moment in time– – to slow down and enjoy what I have which is a lot. I was reminded yesterday when I read the posts from two of my friends, Almost AL and Tim two guys with disabilities that are going through a great deal of pain and prospects of immediate surgery which could lay him up for the rest of the summer to totally miss a summer. When you're a person with a disability losing good weather/summer is almost unbearable.

No comments: