Friday, March 24, 2017

Bye Bye Mechanic Man


My cousin Nathan just dropped off my vehicle. I have a 1993 Chevrolet van equipped with a wheelchair lift.. The vehicle also has hand controls but I no longer drive for reasons secondary age I would guess or at least I thought so. Of course I gave up my license because of an incident I had a couple of summers ago which convinced me that I should no longer be on the road at least behind the wheel. This of course was when I was still married and had someone to drive me if and when I needed transportation.. Actually I just basically accompanied my life when we did family functions are one out for some sort of social events. If I needed something I generally got there on my own either with my power chair with public transit. Now that I am divorced I have considered testing for my drivers license again especially since I now have custody of the vehicle. I'm keeping the vehicle licensed and insured and my cousin the Mechanic Man assures me and good for another 2000 miles and believe me it would take a while to grow 2000 miles for me. So, if I were to get someone to drive me around the concept of having a vehicle somewhat entertaining. I still am in an ideal spot to use my power chair access the local market,, couple good restaurants and even a movie theater down the road access by by chair if I so there are a fast trip on public transit. I only need a van for family events i.e. funerals,, wedding receptions, and infrequent visitations are shopping expeditions to Sears as long as Sears is operational. I really should give up the vehicle and use a taxi that I need immediate accessible transportation. It would be cheaper to use a taxi or six times a year and pain insurance at about $100 a month.. I'm not even talking about the cost of general maintenance. However it is nice to have access to the transportation and it kind of feels good feeling of security which is pathetic and I'm just saying and honesty begins me a certain feeling of nobility.

My cousin Scott, is the owner of The Mechanic Man. Scott is my second cousin and I have used this second cousin on-off for my vehicle maintenance will for a number years. My mother,, when she was alive, sort of forced me into the situation when I moved into the Salt Lake area. It is one of those family things. Moms think relatives will either give you a better deal or do it for free.. Of course, that's not how it works, maybe in the old days but not now.. Scott is a basically good job however there is a few items I worry about and more than that I sometimes wonder if he is just tired of working with me. I sometimes get that impression that okay to his inasmuch as I was pressed into going to him he was suppressed into working with me by our common parents in his case ran parents. My mom is gone and Scott's grandmother, my aunt is almost a gone.. It's time we stand on our and I don't mind a family break there is a family break but I do mind the family imposition which many times I feel I've placed on family members.



My ex-wife never really understood the family connection and in the last couple years as elected to go with a dealership not far from our house who I agree has treated us exemplary. We picked up the vehicle and deliver the vehicle may have been able to repair things that my cousin could not and gave us a safety inspection for the last three or four years where my van would not pass inspection at my cousins. I don't know why this is but it is. So, we go back to Larry Miller Chevrolet let him work and maintain my vehicle for as long as I can afford a dealership relationship. Sometimes it's best..

No comments: