Friday, March 17, 2017

Straining For The Light


I'm really being challenged with this chair thing. The only thing that's keeping me going is to know that it will be resolved sooner or later it looks as if it will be later. I worked all day yesterday on trying to find a solution. But y'all read that in yesterday's post. Not much as changed. Last night I struggled for two hours trying to get in the bed for my manual chair. Eventually I had to pull the emergency cord on sidewall. Luckily I had my stay close by which allowed me to accomplish that task. I am afraid sitting on my butt for these long periods taken its toll. I do not see or feel any skin breakdown yet but I definitely feel I'm at risk. Jim came to my rescue last nigh about 12:30 AM and we were able to get my body in bed. But because precariously balanced in my chair and I can barely propel my chair I did not go to the kitchen to get my meds so I seem to suffer a bit after I got to bed with some major spasticity. My body finally settled down and I was able to get a little sleep it was a hard night. Tonight should be better since I will have staff will leave me naked in my chair and I should be able to roll in the bed much easier. On a positive note I was able to crank arm bike 30 minutes yesterday.

Now it consumed with the challenge of washing some clothes. I may try to see if I can send them home with car but Carl. I just have a hard time going all the way down to the laundry on my own. I may try still. I'm feeling quite guilty at seeing how hard Carl is working on getting the Van and my other power chair over here. He is but the charger on the battery and hopefully with the charger and him jumping the cables perhaps we can get the van running. If not then I will probably have the vehicle towed to my cousins. Either way it will be costly I am sure.

To say that I'm sleepy is an understatement. I find myself nodding off as I sit in my chair. It's kind of spooky because I don't have things to hang onto if I should need to grab something quickly. My goal is to get to the day the least trauma to myself and body as possible.I hope to turn the crank on my arm bike rally a half an hour around four and maybe get out and push a few reps on the rickshaw. I would also like to get out and sit in the sun. This would've been a good week for sun beasting.

I am trying to stay up both emotionally and physically but as you can sense I'm getting darker and darker. I know I can get on top of this. I'm pretty sure with just a few assists i.e. power chair I can remain independent. I still may have to consider other living options none of which make me very happy..



No comments: