Saturday, March 18, 2017

Back On The Road


I'm totally grateful and amazed. Carl brought the band and the power chair over last night. I was surprised with the power chair it was not as I remembered. It was much nicer than I remembered – – I even remember talks that it was a basically new chair. We were also surprised to see a bit of a charge already on the chair but we did plug the chair and the charger to start the process. We were dismayed when an alarm went off indicating that the joystick was out of place or that the motors were not connected. We got in around with this for quite a while and finally gave up and decided to let the chair charge overnight and see what the morning brought.

It was great to get a good nights sleep. Last night he made sure to take my baclofen. I have to wait till Carl got in. I was willing to get up at 6 o'clock as usual but Carl needed to the sleep in a little sent Saturday was the only day that he can. Carl was here at 7 AM. He got addressed in the manual chair and we began messing with the power chair. The Z took a full charge and looked encouraging until returned along when the Zs began to flash error messages again... We finally got it out of error mode when Carl messed with the controls on the back of the chair. I think that's what was missing up the chair.. Chair settle down and began to act appropriately. We loaded me into the chair aand I was ready to go. We did some more testing but we seem to in fixed the problems.

The chair is huge way wide for me to build difficult for me to set in on forever sliding out but at least its mobility back to get around which totally excites me and makes me grateful. I'm now looking forward to using this chair and seeing what we can do with the other. The motor I ordered in shared aarrive in Salt Lake by Monday and I will see if it can be refitted with harness that will fit this chair or my other Z. If it well I will go ahead and make the change out or take it to Create and let them up restore for that 250 that was talked about.. In either case I do think I can survive in this chair until the chair would get finished. The only problem I'm seeing now is I forgot how quick this chair in Energy I will have to be careful and make sure I keep an eye on the meter. I may even have to go back to carrying a charger with me so I can charge when I go but that's okay at least I have mobility. It's good to take a bit to get used to this chair but that's okay in life that's constantly changing and radically as I get older..



No comments: