Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Independent Enough


I am really beginning to getting concerned about me.. Last night was another night of chaos! It was about 11 o'clock I should've realized something was going to go wrong and I was having difficulty getting my shoes off, undressing for bed. I had Jimmy,, the R A earlier in the day, tighten my shoes.. I use Velcro straps to cinch my shoes on. I can't get my shoes off given enough time one way or the other.. Last night was particularly challenging but I prevailed. I have drained, taken my meds, turned off the lights in place by cell phone and [reach them once I got in bed.. My plan was to snug up next to the bed as usual placeby stick under my leg and left and roll into bed . I can't remember if I've mentioned this or not but this backed chair I am using is a little squirrely in the control box– – yeah I know we all – – but this seems to be something wrong with the limiters .when I Actuate to go forward or reverse and the machine does not stop when you lift here oor take the pressure off the joystick.. The chair should start immediately mind is not last night as I was packing up to the bed I got too close to the mattress and it disconnected the handle on the outside of the motor, the clutch on the left motor. This of course shuts the chair down with just the message flashing on the control box about the disengaged motor. Because I was so close to the bad I cannot reach my hand down to try to pull up on the handle. Now to make a very long story short I was finally aware that if I possibly raise the bed which I could doI could possibly then reached down and engage the clutch which I did. I was so excited to go to bed I was exhausted. Remember I had had to get the hand control for the bad and I not paid attention to what the court was and of course got the cord tangle in the wheels behind my seat. The next hour I struggled with trying to untangle the cord for the power bed being extremely careful that are not yank the cord out of the bad making the bed in operable and at the same time not run over the control itself destroy it as I had done before. Finally I was able to negotiate Hank control and the chairs back tires sitting almost sidesaddle in my chair leaning over trying to lift the cord off the real and unwrap the cord from the chair frame. I was so sleepy so tired.


I've been struggling for almost 2 1/2 hours. It was almost 2 o'clock in the morning. I have a cord hanging on the wall beside my bed.. The cord is one of those polled for emergency cords. I believe I've written about these before there's another by the toilet. Luckily I had my long-standing and I was able reach across the bed and pulled the emergency cord. I had waited and waited and nothing happened no one came when I came to the conclusion that I had to think the hell out of this problem... It's funny I didn't have access to my phone or tablet because I had so cautiously set them on my bed so I transferred I would be able to access them if the transfer went wrong and I needed emergency assistance. I was not able to reach these devices during my struggle. And I probably would've called Jimmy the resident assistant but not my brother which I probably should have. But the whole thing started 11:00 PM good people were in bed asleep.. I felt horrible trying to get Jimmy.. I was so thankful I was able to give them the bad and shut off the emergency alert switch tumble off to sleep.


I pondered many things while sitting in my chair. One of those was here I am again needing assistance. Last night I don't know, I pulled a rabbit out of a hat and it was me. But, what about the next bullet or the one after that sooner or later and going down. Sooner or later I got a face hard decisions. How long can I remain independent or independent enough...


No comments: