Monday, March 13, 2017

Little Brother

My  bro Paul

I'm kind of excited. My younger brother, Paul,, called last week to let me know you'd be in Salt Lake today and want to visit.. Actually, I think more specifically he was coming down to visit me and probably my older brother Carl too.

Paul is an incredible guy. He is five years younger than I am, the oldest member of the last family of my parents.. I know that sounds weird but it's true. I think it's things that gone as they showed up I would've been the baby in the family. However, that was not today. We were fortunate to inherit for more kids at that point and Paul was the oldest..

I wish I carried clearer memories of my little brother. I sit and focus on Paul and with the help of images from our youth memories begin to flow. The memories I have of my little brother in his infancy, toddler little kid phase our global. The as a time when he seemed to be everywhere I was. We seem to do a lot of roughhousing around the house. Wrestling on the big rock in the front room or in front of the TV.. I was in junior high wrestling, Paul was around seven. We have pictures from tthat time.

I had my accident when I was 15 Paul would've been 10. In trying to think the younger kids took a big hit when I had my right. I think mmy accident was my insidious demand for attention and I got it. The rest of the family suffered and I don't even know if they knew it.

My brother Paul is now an independent contractor. He and his wife build all kinds of mansions in the Boise area. He just finished a Cathedral cabin for himself not far from Boise. And totally proud of him and what he is done with his life. Paul's been a good son, dad, bfoher and friend. I wish I could be more like him. I think Paul is totally real what you see is what you get. Add Paul been born a few years earlier like my time I think Paul would have been hippy.


A few weeks ago broke his foot somehow. He was snowmobiling or skiing or something recreational. Thank goodness the break was not super serious. He is having to spend some time pampering his foot. He's got one of those new moon boots they get people now I can eat. Walking boots used to be walking casts. Paul can get around but she cannot do anything like work and is beginning to drive him crazy. So take a day trip one crip visiting another crip. I don't know what were going to do. It's not like I have a vehicle I can take them anywhere or that I can go anywhere in his vehicle. So I think you have to be here at the apartment complex which is okay. There are restaurants close by, we can order in or he and I can even make something. It doesn't matter what we eat what matters is some together time.

No comments: