Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Cookies!



Last week I blogged about my brother Paul, coming down from Boise to visit. This does not sound like a big deal but coming down to visit – – even if it's because he is gimped up with the broken ankle – – just visit ground inis something our family rarely does. In fact we were talking about this lack of communication a few months ago and some even acted as if it was a good thing. Stating something like the family reunions was good enough especially with the advent of social media and more specifically Facebook. Space I thought it was kind of weird.. My X often made that statement as well as the previous ex-wife.. I just blew it off but now I think there's probably some relevance to their feelings.

So these thoughts in mind I'm trying to reach out via social media and strengthen these bonds to those that I love. I don't think it will make me love them more of them love me more but it just feels good in the right thing to do.. Besides, great use of the stresses I have the last year so many of my friends on social media as stressed that I should let people in love me let them know what they can do for me. And even just writing this makes me feel like this is crass but I'm trying it. The other day I noticed my younger sister Linda was online or look like she was. This was Saturday I think or maybe Sunday morning, I texted her and was delighted when she re responded.I think somewhere in the conversation she mentioned that she had just bake some cookies and I responded a company would be nice with copy on a Sunday morning. As I spoke my mind reverted back to the mid-to late 1960s and 70s when my brother, Ross, was involved in the Vietnam conflict. I remember my mother baking cookies, wrapping them in putting also carefully aand then putting them in a brown box aand shipping them to him overseas.. I was envious it must be wonderful to receive cookies in a brown box someone you love.

Yesterday was a day full of challenges I had a meeting downtown like I do every Tuesday. I also wanted to see if I can get some other items done well out on the tarmac. I quickly realized that the backup chair that I'm using just does not have a range to travel that my current/broken chair does.. Therefore I have to make decisions on what I will do and when I can do it when I am out and about. Yesterday was supposed to be warm but due to clouds and wind the 70s felt uncomfortable. I was glad to get back from my meeting wwith power in my chair. Later that afternoon I was at my computer when I got a message from my sister Linda. She announced that she just put a box of cookies in the mail that I should receive by Thursday and she is one of her favorite recipes. I was blown away. I was excited I'm still excited waiting like a child for brown box to arrive in the mail.





No comments: