Thursday, March 09, 2017

Just A Little Nervous…


At times I get a bit anxious and I realize another week is nearly over. It's Thursday morning in 60 or so minutes will have another session of the coffee hour. That of course is not the real name of the event for a number of folks from this facility gets together and has coffee and chats. No gossip out on sure some sneaks in. It's mainly old ladies or should I say women that are just a shade older than I. Occasionally one of the other males in this facility drops in but it's rare that I've seen. Their cookies and cakes, donuts and sweet rolls sometimes even homemade but I really partake of them because I'm trying to maintain my weight – – or even lose some weight. I have to be honest I look forward to this day and I would hate to miss it if it did not have to. I have once or twice for dental appointments for health reasonsbut by in large I show up and participate.

I don't know why the number seems to be getting larger and last couple weeks. Not necessarily new people to the facility for folks will been here for some time are now taking part. Anne is the representative from corporate – – that is my emphasis on corporate – – she is great. To my understanding she is not a trained social worker but she certainly seems the part. She definitely facilitates this group however softly. She is definitely part of the group but she is also definitely corporate. There are two other members of the group were corporate – – this is a married couple were what are designated resident advisors or Ras. It would make sense that these two should be there since they are folks who residents can call on if they need to. I have numerous times and always been there for me. Still though they are definitely corporate. But I doubt they would ever volunteer such a statement I believe in the heart of hearts if you asked them they would say they have to be there as part of their job and working. That's okay it's all part of the group and all part of experience.


Sorry for the tangent – – I seem to be doing more tangentzing these days – – it's Thursday again time for group. I get nervous because the days are going way too quickly. My health is good and I think now that I have the arm bike fully operational again and doing my rickshaw that I'm beginning to feel more positive. I need to make a call to one of my docs to get a appointment or have them write a letter in my behalf to the DME provider in hopes of getting my foot hangers repaired.. This is a bit intimidating but I suppose I can do this. More control they seem to be taking more control of my life which is exciting. Yesterday morning I noticed that Honey and neglected to plug in the charger of my list and I did it myself! This is the first time that I I plug the charger and myself. I had figure out how to get the charger low enough I can access it and then how to plug the battery in to the charger. I didn't and don't know why I've never done it befor, I would just sit there and look at it and worry that it would not have the power needed for the next use or I would try to find someone else to do it. This is stupid that I did not know how to do this myself. Another week this past, I'm another week older and another week closer to the end and this makes me a little nervous.

No comments: