Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Free Pie Wednesday


Do you know that you can get free pie on Wednesdays at Village Inn? I had heard Village Inn advertisements probably on television regarding the free pie thing but I had never really followed up on the concept. Especially now when I'm trying to lose weight and anything that's great to eat tends to be off limits to me but still it emerged in concept.

The other night I was contacted by my old friend Lori Brock. You want to something interesting going the front of this blog and then type in “Lori” and then hit enter. I was amazed at how many references to this person Lori I have in my blog I have done a lot of stuff with her over the years. Anyway though, we got to talking and decide to meet up and she suggested today which is free pie Wednesday at the VI.

We met kind of late in the day, at least late for me, 2 PM just down the street from where I live which was nice I appreciated that. So I messed around the house in the morning doing some computer projects and working on Letters that I need to get out soon. I hung up my wash made a salad for lunch then went out and laid back in the sun for a few minutes. I got to the VI about 30 minutes early which is Okay I had time to adjust myself and spends more time in the sun. Finally about 10 to I wandered into the restaurant and got a table and ordered coffee.

About five minutes later glory walks in sits down we begin talking. I wasn't really sure if Lori was serious about this free pie thing. I could see ordering coffee and just hanging out but do you go to a place like this in order free pie even if free pies the gimmick. I sure I still feel this way that the whole concept of free pie Wednesday is that you get a free piece of pie with your order of real food. I doubt people swarm inerrant demand their piece of the free pie. I was just glad to see Lori and a visit with her but sure enough when the waitress came over to take our order, remember I would have the coffee they bring you little pot of coffee so you got quite a bit Lori orders the free pie and then so do I. The waitress is great she didn't miss a beat, she didn't suggest that we have to order something else to get the free pie she just took our orders for pie cherry for Lori Apple for me and soon was back with our pie which was great with our coffee. Actually, we did kindest suggest that we might order something else but I think the waitress knew what we're up to. She was very kind and said when she brought us the bill that should make notations on the bill that that the pie even though a charge showed had been taking off the register. She did not say anything about the coffee.


We talked for more than an hour the afternoon wandered on and soon I began To glance at the clock on my control module for my power chair. The time is getting close to 4 o'clock when I really wanted to be home so I can begin my physical workout. I think Lori noticed and we began to wrap up the conversation. It was time to go. The waitress who dutifully came to the table every 10 or 15 minutes wandered up and said that she was going off shift and that somebody else to be taking care of us hint hint. We took the hint Lori gave a pretty good tip And we wandered out to the sidewalk. It's been a good afternoon I'm so glad waitress/management of VI let us take up space and visit as old people do. She's having lunch with one of our old friends tomorrow and I'm envious. I think I've offended this guy somehow but I'll be thinking of Lori meeting with Jerry And know they will have a great conversation but I know today I had free pie.

No comments: