Saturday, May 06, 2017

Redwood Tales




I live on a main thoroughfare in Salt Lake County called Redwood Road. It's one of the main arteries sort of like State Street, 700 E. or second South. However Redwood Road is way on the west side of State Street, State Street being divider of good city bad city if there is such a thing. I of course knew that when I moved in here – – after all house housing coordinator for the independent living Center for almost 20 years I should know what the good parts and bad parts of town are. I like the area though especially where I met here on Plymouth View. I don't know If I would feel as comfortable with the community if the community I lived in was not gated but I don't feel too much danger. I feel extremely fortunate in that I live close to pretty decent markets particularly a grocer and the hardware store. And a host of smaller shops in between. One of the markets I visit a lot and it is right across the street from me is a place called True Value. I think it's a national chain but I think that's where the similarity ends.

Our True Value seems to be one step above what of those stores that sell case lots of items of gone out of business. Not quite so they just seem to have a lot of strange items in their marketplace. And they have just a little bit of everything. Their inventory ranges from full clothing options, Hardware materials like wire, electrical needs of all sorts, and just about anything you might need. It's like one of those stores on the frontier are in rural America. A small quantity of just about everything to do to buy because I emergency so you don't have to go into the big stores. The store personnel seem a little odd as well. It's hard for me to put my finger on the strangeness, the staff just all seem a little distant pleasant, accommodating the just a little out of the loop almost like they are brought in from a timeshift. It was my second or third week here at Plymouth view when I was informed that the staff at my True Value were polygamists. For some reason the seem to answer a lot of questions but they do a good job and never really bothered me, or mistreated me in any way.


Today I was at True Value looking to find some sort of device that can help me fasten zipper pulls on the my zipper.I put my shorts on before realizing my regular zipper pull was not on the zipper. I should've stopped by dressing right then pulled off by shorts and found a pair that had a zipper pull on but not me oh no. I have zipper pulls but they don't come ready to use a piece has to be opened up and attached to the zipper which takes more hand function and I've got unless I can find a tool some sort that will allow me to do this maneuver. I figured if anybody had anything like that it would be the folks at True Value. I wandered around for about 45 minutes until I found two items which might do the job. It worked to a degree is not a permanent solution. I'm still going to have to get someone with the hand function to open up the leader and maybe even attached to my zipper on the shorts. I doubt that'll be today and I got by today without having to change clothes. Thanks to the folks from the twilight zone.

No comments: