Friday, May 05, 2017

Art Academy Where Art Thou?



The weather has finally turned for me it looks like it's going to be consistently warm enough to wear T-shirts now for the rest of the spring and of course summer. Sadly I only have three T-shirts that I feel halfway comfortable wearing. Two T-shirts that Dianne got me Which are great. They are heavy-duty and they are big. I can wear them and feel comfortable. I actually googled the name on the tag on the back of the shirt and I got some sort of a major T-shirt outfit but I didn't trust them to send me T-shirts over the mail. I have an issue with getting things in the mail them not being what I want and then having to figure out how to send them back. It's all so complicated. I was so committed to getting shirts that fit me I was going to buy them new. I hardly ever by close now because it's such risk. To buy new things without trying them on and then going all the way home and finding they don't fit. Then I have to go all the way back. Again, when I was married Dianne did a lot of this footwork. She was great this way and she usually from close it fit me pretty well better than I could do. Today is going to Sears I usually go to some kind of secondhand store whether it's DI or savers or Good Well.

Today the temperatures good to be in the 80s, almost 90s! It's too good today to waste just hanging around the apartments. So I decided I would head out go down the Sears and get some T-shirts. Of course would have to struggle to choose but that is part of life, choices. On the downtown trip there is a building which is always fascinated me. More than once I want to stop, get off the train and go over to the building and check it out. The trouble is there no convenient stops close to this building. Never seems to be a time when I either have enough power in my chair or the weather is willing or that I have the time to devote to such an adventure. However today was such a day that I had all those conditions in my favor, And the building was on the way to Sears .

The place is called Hein Academy of Art. The Academy is an old building that looks really neat neat as in cool. Ever since I've seen the building of been intrigued with it not with the building per se but the fact that it's an art Academy and could help me release my artistic vibes?. I rolled around the building a number of times and tried the doors they were locked. The doors read a lot and not accessible which is not a very good sign. Still place looked viable. There is one of those trendy coffee shops very close to the building and I thought boy if there was ever a place where artistic types hang out and would be here. I asked a couple of the patrons know them knew anything about the Art Academy and finally I asked the barista and she didn't know anything. The barista did acknowledge the fact that the paint shop which adjoined the Art Academy might know.

The paint shop abutted the Art Academy. It's one of those places that painted vehicles, automobiles and trucks. I rolled them the bay door and restricted to the front. I waited in the manager found showed up. The Art Academy was no more. Place was locked up tight and he didn't know when or if it would ever open again. I thanked him and was on my way. Maybe I'm not supposed to be an artist, or maybe I'm being protected from formal art training which a good friend Jerry suggested might be my ruin for any type of artistic renderings I might attempt. Perhaps I just need to do my own art.








No comments: