Sunday, May 07, 2017

Pushing Ice Lost


I just finished another novel on audiobook. The volume Pushing Ice by Alastair Reynolds.. This was a pretty good listen/read and is able to finish the volume in one week now the only problem I'm having is somewhere along the line I lost one complete CD-ROM! Unbelievable, why does this happen to me? I've looked everywhere in the area that I had the CD-ROM last as I remember and it doesn't seem to be anywhere. Luckily I had the volume checked out till 22 May and chances are I to check out another two weeks on top of that if I need to. I'm hoping that the thing pops up. Mark Anthony was over this afternoon and I had him help me search for the disc but to no avail is not around here anywhere. Seriously though I cannot believe this happened I was taking extreme steps to make sure that this did not happen. I would return each CD-ROM when finished to the book packet and the one time that I did not the thing disappeared this can't be real.


Mark Anthony suggested that I go on the Internet in order and new volume which it cost about $35-$40. Mark indicates that if I go to the library and tell them what happened they just flat out charge me $40 so I can't figure out which is the worst in situations. But really drives me crazy is that I'm sure that the minute I order a new copy our whacked at the library The void will regurgitate the missing disc.I cannot be the only person who uses audiobooks two of lost or destroyed a CD-ROM. There's got to be some sort contingency for this kind of issue. If I take Marks suggestion purchase the volume and then replace the one CD-ROM that is missing that leaves me with a whole volume with a missing piece. I suppose the missing ROM is not that big a deal to the overall complexity of the work or maybe I purchased the volume and just donate the whole thing over to the library and call it good. Either way I'm going to call them tomorrow morning to see what they say.

No comments: