Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Wound Care?



Last night Honey, my home health staff, examined my bottom when she got me up in the sling and reported, as I had feared that I developed the world am I right hip. It's not that I've been in major pain but I could tell something was happening over there. Friday, which was the last night that I saw Honey we putOptik tape on my butt which usually provides enough protection that if I am having pressure issues the tape will act as a second skin. Not so this time. She indicated that a wounded broken through and there was blood not a good sign.

I fretted over the new wound all night and this morning decided I would head over to the Inter-Mountain Health Care campus and just crash my doctors office. I know that if I called they would just tell me I would have to wait for horrendously long time and really not engage. I did not have my weekly Assist meeting but I had to go into the library anyway to return my book and pick up a new volume. I decided I would stop on the way back. My batteries were lower than usual I knew this, something happened last night when I plugged them to charge my batteries before I spoke to bed and they only gave me a partial charge. This vexes me if not concerns me greatly. So anyway I knew I had to be careful on what I chose to do this morning.

When I got to the hospital/campus I noted that my charge indicator said I still had just about half a battery electric tell the charge was eroding quickly. It took me a bit of searching but I finally found my primary physician's office which then led me to my neural care. While I was at my primary care docs desk I had them schedule appointment for me next week since I found I hadn't seen him for over a year. The neural care folks got me in to their clinic also next week which worries me a lot. My previous experience with wound care at the University of Utah was when I presented with a,wound or even just a reddening of the skin wound care would always take me immediately. Not so at I H C . Big Nurse informed me that this is a clinic and you have to set appointments. I tried to press the point that my wound currently is small and the do not want it in the larger, the scheduler agreed but held her ground. The best they could do was next Thursday at 9:50 AM. Of course, I'm scared to death this mean is going to blossom into a major infested wound by then. They didn't seem too concerned. So maybe I will no be concerned either. I'll just have to watch the wound and any progress it might make as well as really go out of my way to keep weight off my butt. The scheduler did however agreed to let me call if the wound gets worse and hopefully the position would be able to get me in sooner.


This kind of wound maintenance is not how I want to run my life. I really am trying to be proactive here I just wish they could help me be proactive there.

No comments: