Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tuesday Out




Some days are better than others but I have to say by all accounts the day was nearly perfect for a regular day. I was awake at 5:30 AM and is not unusual except I was really get up. The guy who rents upstairs had just finished his morning whatever and flushed the toilet I knew it was time to get up.. Getting up this early and got the dishes done, made some breakfast, took my meds and worked on a couple other projects. Just before 8 o'clock I called Assist, Inc. and found out that today's meeting had been canceled. I have a standing meeting every Tuesday morning at 11 o'clock where we meet to approve grants for housing projects for seniors, people of low income and folks with disabilities.

I had already made my mind up but I'm going downtown today so I figured what the heck. I was going to go early and drop off at the library's latest audiobook I took out last week and pick up a new volume to begin listing to. I can still do that so off I went. The skies were overcast as I left the apartment complex, but the day was warm and still held promise. I didn't take a jacket and I wish that I had by the time the day was over. However, I had a feeling that I was going to be okay today. I got to the library to get my book and checked out my new book. Excited to have something to keep me busy the next couple days. I'm really getting in to this audiobook thing.

Earlier in the morning I had texted my friend Duane. With scheduled to have breakfast tomorrow, Wednesday morning but with a forecast of a major cold front moving into the Salt Lake area tonight I asked him if perhaps it would be better to do lunch today instead of tomorrow morning breakfast. He finally got back to me while I was at the library indicating he was up to do lunch 11 AM at one of the major hotels downtown which was great with me it'd been decades since I've gone to Little America in Salt Lake City.


By 10:30 AM the day was still sort of warm but the clouds were organizing, getting darker and threatening. I facing the window and during lunch I noticed two major storms wander through the Salt Lake City area. We talked a long time and finally finished our coffees and one otherwise. There were breaks in the clouds and sunshine filtered through and it seemed like I was always in the dry section. I made all my trains and finally got to the hospital at Murray Central about 5200 S.) by the hospital. The clouds were dark and menacing in the mist was falling. I was feeling that I needed to use the bathroom and I didn't want to get stuck on a bus trip with a full bladder threatening to escape so I drove my chair up to the hospital and went up to the 12th floor. A major squall had moved over the area clouds were very dark and like all hell was ready to blow. From the four weeks or five weeks I spent on the 12th floor I knew that was a great place to watch storms so I figured the pope or be a great place to watch the storms. When I saw a break I would elevator down run out and catch the bus out of Salt Lake over the Taylorsville. This I did I GOT HOME dry and happy for a day out in the book to read for the next two days of cold weather. What a great Tuesday.

No comments: