Thursday, May 11, 2017

Routine


I hate to think of myself as being regimented but the comment was made the other day that kind of made me wonder. I was at a meeting or something or lunch when I mentioned to the person I was with that I needed to get home so I could begin my workout regimen. Every day I worked out between 4 and 5 PM usually in that seems to work real well for me. It's not that I'm totally regimented it's more to the fact that I'm addicted to a particular radio show on NPR. It's Marketplace. It's broadcast here in Utah at 6:30 PM but I have found using the Internet that Marketplace, the same program, is broadcast at 630 in New York City by WNYC. So, Marketplace is available to me at 4:30 PM my time. Now on top of that consider that I tried to work out on my Saratoga silver hand bike every day except Sunday. For the longest time I would work out for 30 minutes which I would listen to Marketplace as I worked out. Then I increased my amount of time the 45 minutes which is beyond the time that marketplace is broadcast so now I start my procedure at 4 PM and I usually finish at 5 PM with the end of marketplace. Somewhere along that time, every other day I also use my rickshaw to lift weight or press weight for my biceps. I like to do as much of it during this timeframe as possible. So, I'm hustling during the day to get what I'm doing done to get home to do my workouts. There been times when I just could not meet this timeline and I've done my weight presses or hand bike later on in the evening.

I have one meeting during the week which is Assist, Inc., then there is the Thursday morning coffee group. These meetings are consistent in the try to make them every week that I can I don't think I'm pathological about meeting. It's just that if I'm part of a group like to be part of a group.and do things with that group. I can let go but I need to.


So, I'm okay I think. I don't believe I'm focused the excess. I like to do my workouts the same time everyday the world will not collapse if I do not meet these times. However, I will work to meet these times. I probably would like a little bit more regimentation in my life. I know my apartment would like that as far as cleaning goes as far as washing close goals and making my bed but right now I'm just happy to be on my crank bike every day at 4 o'clock pumping away and do in my heart a world of good.

No comments: