Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mothers Day


It's Mother's Day, another quiet day for me. All the moms I know connected to me are gone, that I know of. I may have a mother who actually birthed me, whom I've never known, she may still be alive because I kind of suspicion that She was quite young when I was born. So she was even 30 when I was born she could conceivably still be alive but more likely she was in her 20s if not younger which could greatly increase the probability that she is still alive. Either way it doesn't make much difference I doubt if I will ever know who she is.

Fortunately for me the mom I got was a great mom, I could not have wanted more. Granted she certainly had her idiosyncrasies that she was always there she was always a mom to me. I was fortunate in that I was able to spend a significant amount of time with her in her waning years. Time that I was able to have that no one else shared. She died a number of years ago. Only lately that I really began to miss her. It's just little ways like a number times throughout the day I will think to myself I should talk to mom or I should tell mom about this and then realize that she's gone. It's really kind of strange. But this is what is happening.

So today, I just spent hanging around the apartment complex. I was the number of the seniors here happy Mother's Day. Some of the seniors had family come to collect them taken the breakfast, church services for lunch and that's cool. I took off to explore the area of where I live. There's a great park adjacent to my building and I went on the sidewalks all around the park. I really had a treat at the back end of the park where a canal runs through when I came across a couple family of duck. There were eight ducks in each of the family groups swimming in this little canal. I watched them for some time. One group of ducks were significantly older than the other group they were just women to beat the band. I think I spent an hour watching the.families swim away the afternoon. Then on a hunch I took off and went across the street to the Village Inn and got pie for dinner.

It was pretty late in the afternoon, I had pretty much missed the mom action of the day. Of course there are still a couple mother day celebration going on. These are probably shift moms, moms who had to work morning shift but now had the afternoon open. Hope they enjoyed the time with the families they were with. I got two pieces of pie, don't know why maybe is trying to fool the guy at the till making think I was getting a pie for my mom and me. Hell, trying to kid? Is trying to fool me making believe I was going home to have pie with my mom. Happy Mother's Day.

I ran across these ducks swimming in the canal next to my apartment complex in the park. Two moms out with their kids for a swim a special day.


No comments: