Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Afterglow


Today's the day after Christmas and everything feels like the new here even though it's not the year is still a week away and that will also feel like year like the real year. The day after Christmas is sort of like afterglow. You know that feeling you have when you're in an event is too big to be contained within the limits of that event so is left over feelings of intensity? Like in England Christmas was to be for one day so they did the sacred part on the 25th and then Boxing Day the following day the 26th. Obviously, the 26th is the world part of Christmas. I get that.

I think I'm kind of feeling that thrill of Christmas afterglow because I actually got present actually got great presents for my kids. I have to admit I was blown away. My daughter sent me a card from Amazon or to Amazon. Amazon is huge now! Amazon is en suite enjoying the world or everything Google has left. I think I'm going to use my Amazon bucks to order movies that cost money on the Internet. This is going to be great in fact I already ordered one. It was a movie made by Amazon and the movie was good. I have enough for two or three more movies and am excited. My son gave me as well pen and pencil set by Cross. I've been using my mechanical pencil for the set all day doing puzzles. In the gift bag there was another gift, a gift to the theater I got to, the theater just down the street from our apartment complex. The card will purchase either movies goodies from the concession stand or both. I will wager there is even a way to “charge” the card. Do you know how long it is better since I got Christmas gifts I really enjoyed? Dianne and Bridget always got me guess that often I did not like enjoying the moment but really grew to enjoy as I figured out how to use them or wear them. Bridget always got me clothes. Bridget got me fancy clothes, nice sweaters and shirts. The kind I would never buy because I didn't know how to dress. Bridging new what I would look good in.

I think I've got wound on my butt and I'm trying to do everything I can short staying in bed to get over the wound. Today is Tuesday and I was so relieved that I did not have to go in for my Assist meeting today. I would've gone but rocking of the train and ruling over the spaces between sidewalk squares, I think would've torn right but apart. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to go to the DRAC Christmas/holiday potluck but I don't think I'm going to go try to rest my butt so I can go to First Chapter on Thursday. The reason I bring this up in this post is that I can tolerate going somewhere in my power chair of the going all over. I need to do some shopping for groceries and got a movie card burning a hole in my pocket. Patience I must exercise patience. Really the card will be there whenever I can use it. 

So I'm basking in the afterglow, feasting on  leftover turkey , brown rice and homemade stirfry. I was a quiet disaster but I eating that I because I can.

No comments: