Sunday, December 24, 2017

Holiday Inn And So Much More


It's Christmas Eve and I by myself watching Holiday Inn , I try to watch this movie once during every holiday season. There's a couple other films I would like to watch as well I don't have access to. I have them but they are at the other house the one I don't live in anymore. Scrooged is another film I quite like with Bill Murray. I might even try some of the Bruce Willis holiday offerings. However they are quite violent insert take away from the season but the often to watch and might what's the first of the second in the Die Hard series. Actually I had all the films they can think of this very second in my collection they might include the one Ms. Shirley Temple I believe called the Little Col. And Wee Willie or something like that. If Stephen King had written a specific Christmas volume (and I do not know if he has but now maybe I will check) I would make a point of reading it over the Christmas season if the volume was as good as some of his other works that I do try to read yearly.

This year's Christmas is turning out to be quite unique. My oldest son (I know I confusing the historians) is having some personal struggles and is asked to spend a couple nights with me which is turning out to be quite delightful in a host of ways. So I'm not alone, really this Christmas and just along right now. Mark is over at his family's house helping with Christmas there but should be back tonight to sleep spent some time together tomorrow, Christmas morning. I don't know if he will return to the family tomorrow. They have a history of going to Christie's parent for the holiday meal and large part of the day. I somehow think Mark Anthony will spend the day here are some other of his friends home. I bought a turkey breast couple days ago and a couple turkey legs which I plan to bake tomorrow for the holiday feast. There won't be much turkey, mashed potatoes and I should try to make gravy though I do have a can of chicken gravy I don't know how that would work with turkey but we'll see. I don't have any fresh vegetables to speak of but we do have canned vegetables which I think would work fine. Maybe I'll try to put together a Jell-O tonight or pie for dessert should we need something like that.

Chances are Mark will not even be here for dinner tomorrow. That's okay I'm going to cook the turkey anyway as well as the other offerings I spoke of. It may not be as elaborate for me as I would make for two but it still be a Yuletide celebration for the old guy. So often I think I'm such a cynic and I am but I do have this deep romantic vein and things like holidays have this mystical vision in my head of how I wish they would be because so often they have not been mystical and magical. But as far as I can see this will be a very Merry Christmas for me.

No comments: