Friday, December 22, 2017

Therapy Pig





Years ago I was on a conference out-of-state. I don't remember if it was to Las Vegas or maybe somewhere in California. The conference had been okay nothing earth shattering, it was a three-day conference and I was ready to be back home. I had forgotten to get a trinket for the people at home so as I swung by the gift shop at the airport I picked up a small pink pig. I did not realize how adorable the pig was when I snatched it. But this little pink pig was just adorable.

Take made himself at home immediately. He found a place in the TV room, in my area where there is a bookshelf in a pink pig to set and watch over things which he did very well. I don't remember quite how Therapy Pig happened to transform out of the plain pink pig. It seems that there was a quarrel or a discussion with something with the kids who were adolescent at the time. And I think I grabbed the pig and shove them into the hands of one of the kids. The object was to let the kid get the pink pig a personality let the pig talk for the person who was having an issue. The transference was totally amazing. The pig talked and the kids settle down and everyone took turns holding onto the pig and giving their personality over to the pig.

Pink Pig became the family shrink. Pink Pig was skilled not only in pig therapy but also in pig entertainment. At family functions often Pink Pig would make an appearance and begin rooting round the family history patch bringing up all kinds of latent issues and memories with specific family members. This was fun and we laughed many times. Therapy Peg was a great shrink. P Pig was nonjudgmental. Pig was happy to work as long as the person holding him wanted and would say anything that needed to be said..Pig was a professional.


In a cup on the shelf s sat Pig. I've not seen P p P Pigg for years now and I miss him. He was a great piece of pork. You may have been picked up by one of the grandchildren over the years. The grandchildren loved the Pink Pig as much as we did. I hope the pig is resting somewhere in someone's drawer knowing that it is loved by generations.

No comments: