Saturday, December 16, 2017

Good times Bad times You No We've Had Our Share

Blog 121617 – – Saturday

Last night a friend of mine spent the night, David was traveling to California on his way to Blackfoot Idaho. This is a long drive and is good to break the drive up even better if you have someplace to spend the night.David got to celebrate around 7 PM which is about what we figured. I could see that David was tired. I volunteered to just up a couple cans of stew or chili but he wanted to go out for dinner. We decided on is the place across the street from my apartment complex easily reached by power chair.

The night was pretty cold but the trip was not far. This restaurant is very authentic Mexican food wise. The restaurant is a bit different than regular Mexican restaurants and that they specialize serving Hispanic seafood which is kind of weird at least to me. I somehow don't trust seafood this far inland. I kind of like this place for it authenticity which I adjudicate by the amount of Hispanic individuals eating there. Fortunately for us the staff speaks English, good English which is enables us to order. I thought this joint had a liquor license because when I have dined there before I noticed they had mixed drinks on the menu or I assumed they were mixed drinks but apparently they were not. We were told by staff when we tried to order mixed drinks that this restaurant did not have a liquor license. I was blown away when they accommodated my friend by letting him bring in a bottle of his wine to have dinner.

Dinner was great my friend ordered shrimp tacos (which I never would) and I got the beef nachos, remember this place is authentic,no hamburger on these nachos chopped up roast or steak or something to that effect but they were good – less expensive but good. Paul places expensive I suppose because they sell themselves as a seafood place. I was happy with what I got. We talked until the lights flickered meaning it was time to go. We finished the wine and we suited up for the walk back across Street. We unloaded David's car bringing in only what he needed for the night which were a lot of bags. We talked a little longer to hit the sack.I have a very small apartment but David was flat to have a carpeted floor to a role as yoga mat on. The sleeping bag and blankets finished his little bed on the floor. David uses a CPAP machine. One of those machines that help you breathe through the night by strapping a mask on your face connected to a pump or respirator. You look like Nemo out of 20,000 leagues under the Sea. I expected a lot of noise all night from the CPAP but oddly enough there was no noise. David was completely cocooned on the floor of my apartment. I expected him up by 8 AM but evidently David was so comfortable soft way past that time eventually went to breakfast/lunch close to 11:30 AM.


I met David at the restaurant sense there is no way he can carry me in his vehicle. David packed the rest of his materials so he can take off after the meal. I worry about David. David Has a number of health issues– – serious ones ones that could conceivably make it so I would never see him again. We sort of talk this through his visit. David is a pain physically. He has heart issues and some other issues I cannot go into here that still put David at great risk. I am pleased every time I visit with David over the Internet and even more so when he visits in person. I truly appreciate the time he takes to stop here and visit only does. I hope to see him in a few weeks as he reverses this trip back home to California. If I don't that's good too 

No comments: