Sunday, December 17, 2017

Merry Christmas Little Bro

Blog 121717 – – Sunday

I missed blogging yesterday – – I hate missing the day of blogging. I am a little concerned I might be coming a little OCD in the blogging department. I hope not I just like to keep a daily writing commitment. It's important to me to write every day my 500 words. However I must guard against feeling that the world is coming to an end because I might miss a day or two. Life goes on if I miss a day of blogging.

Rightly say why I did not make room/time for blogging yesterday. Spent a lot of time in the morning but David before he left for Idaho. I think I got involved with some movies from Amazon and then Lori. Before I knew it was almost 1 o'clock in the morning I finally got finished with Lori. I had let go of my window to blog. Today, I wrote out a card, a Christmas card, to my youngest brother Jay lives in Boise or thereabout. I should've sent the Christmas card when I sent the others to the rest of the family. For one reason or another my brother Jay does not have a mailing address. Oh, I'm sure that he does, even if his living under a bridge somewhere I'm sure he has an address to have is important pieces of mail sent. Well actually I guess he does because I sent the card to my brother Paul, Jay's immediate older brother. I guess the family realizes that if they want to get a hold of Jay they must go through Paul to do so. I'm not sure what this means and I guess I'm a little hesitant perhaps frightened to find out why this system of contact or noncontact has been developed. I think in some way it means my brother Jay is homeless. I do not know if that means he is just couch surfing with friends or that he is actually shuffling from one hallway to another or bridge to another or perhaps living in a tent up in Morris creek Idaho. Paul I guess is the Magic Christian who does take seriously the sentiment that he is his brother's keeper.


My dad was his brother's keeper, not just in the Christian being but literally I think in many ways. My uncle Frank was an alcoholic and I think there was a time when my dad looked after uncle Frank rather closely. I believe I have outlined it and previous blogs about uncle Frank and my dad. Interestingly enough Paul and Jay (of course, who are brothers) are also cousins. It's a long story that I may or may not go into at some point is an interesting story. The big point is even though they are adopted into our family, just as I was, they are actually blood relatives cousins actually. Even more interesting to me is that they are also blood relatives of my father and uncle Frank. My brothers are true Smiths. I really am quite envious of that as well but that too is another story for another blog. What I'm trying to say is that possibly the Smith family line has a gene for alcoholism and Jay got it. Well maybe not alcoholism as much as substance dependency of one sort or another. I don't know it just sort of fits. I love my little brother Jay I hope is okay. I wish there was ways I could help them. I know if I really did I would do it. But I did write a Christmas card and I sent the card off this morning. I wonder if he will be aware that the Christmas card arrived a week after the other cards and well put together the fact that I wrote his last because I basically forgot until the last minute. I hope he knows I love them, I really do and I wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my 

No comments: