Friday, December 08, 2017

Another Friday Night


It's Friday night and I have nothing else better to do then to the washing clothes, actually at this point I have the clothes in the dryer I just deposit another $.75 for the next dry. I cannot believe I cannot get his clothes dry with one drive cycle. I can heat and dryer system here. You can only do $.75 cycle not like other places where is your closed you can by $.10 worth of time or even five cents. Here you have to buy a whole dry cycle at the cost is $.75. I write it off as the cost of doing business. Usually, a top the money in the washer or dryer then come back to my apartment. Tonight however, for five of the apartment mates were sitting in the common area. They often do this in the evenings.

It's weird this time of year when the dark comes on so swiftly. The darkness gives an illusion of a much later hour. Each time I look at my watch I marveled that was not even quite 6 o'clock. All the folks older than me it seems, dragging their dogs in and out getting the dogs business done. This period is not called the “the social hour” but that's what it is. The dog people usually spend only a few minutes conversing. However when gentlemen what his close in the upstairs laundry and three or four of the ladies are in for the long haul of early evening conversation. I kind of want to go back back to my apartment but decide to hang out with the others at least for the wash cycle.

A number of those present remark that I've not been seen for almost a week they think. They asked if I been ill or even in the hospital. I of course set them straight that none of that has happened I've just been busy. I pride myself on my answer trying to convince myself of my self-worth. But I do things during the week important enough to drag me out in my power chair in temperatures as cold as we've been running the last couple of days. I'm sure they'll think I'm crazy. There are treats in the room dropped off by people who I guess have nothing else better to do. Tonight there are peanuts in the shell, Hershey's chocolate covered cookies, little baby candy canes and other hard candies related to Christmas.


There are little rat dogs everywhere. Some have little sweaters on, others have just their leashes. All are either trembling from nerves or just plain freezing coming in from outside. All the dogs stare pitifully at the humans eating their little treats. The dogs are eventually used as an excuse to leave the small Association. I told back in my chair to relieve the pressure off my butt. Someone invariably comments on how lucky I am. I really am. By this time the washes down and I throw the clothes into the dryer in three quarters and return to the group. I really wish sometimes I had someplace else to be. I finally extricate myself actually I returned to my apartment but every else leaves for the night. I just dropped three more quarters into my hungry dryer in Mr. big Sears dryer I used to have a home when I lived on Utahna. I give my dryer 10 more minutes then I go back down and check and hopefully that will be it for the night. Another Friday night in Taylorsville at the Plymouth View apartments.

No comments: