Saturday, December 02, 2017

Logo Lost


There are only a couple weeks left in this semester. I'm still questing provision to audit a drawing are beginning art class at Salt Lake Community College which is just down the street from my apartment. However, the burn and desire has about fizzle out. The little rinky-dink system of a college over there is pretty much worn me down to the point where apathy has set in. I'm going to make a few more attempts to see if I can email a request to add an instructor to see if I can find a seat. Actually, this is a great idea and I wish had only thought of it earlier.

I've been drawing more donkeys recently. I like driving donkeys driving donkeys on the few things they seem to be able to draw with a little training or no training I have had. The past couple weeks I've had a nagging suspicion that maybe I do not need art instruction right now it's not ever. I'm beginning to fear that by learning how to draw correctly I will lose my edge and my donkeys will go from darling to just plain donkeys accurately drawn and looking how a donkey should look as they should look, as near a photograph as possible. Learning to draw appropriately may drain the angst out of my system leaving pathetically drawn accurately and correct donkeys from the Wild Kingdom. As I've drawn donkeys as last week or so I tried to watch myself. I'm dominant right handed however, due to the accident have forced by known dominant side (left) to act as my dominant side. My right side came back weaker than my left side. If I really want to produce something halfway recognizable I will use both hands to make my marks. Many times my donkeys are minimal or minimalistic. I think I can actually do some minimalistic drawing with only less than 12 lines. And up with a quasi-Picasso like drawing. Many times I've and that drawing donkeys quench the angry and sometimes daemonic. I don't know why these donkeys appear the way they do. I used to hate the drawings I produce. I tend to use black drawing pens. I do like a red and I have a number of I guess they are pastel but with a colorful. I even considered not drawing at all. The renderings I would make with the black ink or marker frightened me. However, I noted a number of Dutch artists/commercial artists tend to make marks on as menacing and then dark is mine. Seeing the renderings of these artists take a major weight off my shoulders. Perhaps my drawings were not as psychotic as I thought.


I love my donkeys, I love the fact that my donkeys have attitude.I love my donkeys just the way they are. Maybe I don't need in our course, I know what I want to draw. Maybe what I need is a place on campus and a feeling of belonging. I want to wear long-sleeved T with MY college's logo on it.

No comments: