Monday, December 04, 2017

Rage Within


I woke to a light dusting of snow on the tree outside my window. The snow fell lightly and intermittently throughout the rest of the morning. I did not go out today at all.|I knew the temperature would be cold as it always is following storm regardless of intensity. There was a protest today, the President of the United States was in town today and one of the groups I have loosely become affiliated with was leading a protest of the state capitol building at the same time that Pres. Trump was in the area. I should have gone but I did not. I just felt too weak to make the effort. However, I didn't notice on the evening news that the number of folks with disabilities did make the altercation. That is good. One of those is a lad named Fuse. I'm not sure how old Fuse is at one time I thought Fuse was older but now that I've seen him lately is seeking a much younger version of the person I thought you was talking about the way just as he was older.

As he new relatively to the DRAC organization maybe even to Salt Lake. I noticed Fuse for the first time earlier this summer. He was definitely a newcomer to the DRAC family. I really did not pay much attention to the fellow except that he was often a contender for the same bus that I use when going up to the capital building or to some other DRAC function. He drives a power chair similar to mine. And he suffers from that peculiarity that I've talked about before of attaching as many things as possible to your chair that you think you might need while out and about. He seems quite during the meetings though he will raise questions and make comments. It seems quiet, not necessarily withdrawn, but committed to DRAC. This is fine DRAC certainly does need new blood there is no question about that.

They couple of weeks ago when we were taking over an office or making a commotion at the state capital I was sitting next to Fuse . And I was startled so startled as incubus visibly notable by folks around. Adam opened his mouth and what came out was anger so pure and undefiled I was astounded. What I heard was pure rage, murderous. I thought to myself if anybody had a weapon this is the kind of emotion outward drive someone to do on speakable acts of violence. I'm sure I visibly backed away from the lad. For the time being I did not want to be anywhere close to this focused protester.


Nothing happened, thank goodness, then was a couple days after I was speaking with my friend Barbara was also at this event and when asked she also indicated she heard Adam roar. The kid can emote. I don't know whether to be concerned about Fuse's ability to tap into his rage or be happy to have a member of DRAC who can get the attention of everyone.Or maybe the guy just needs a friend.

No comments: