Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Verizon Corporate yes

One of the last things we did as a couple before divorcing was to get prepaid Verizon phones. We of course linked the phones to our joint account. This system worked pretty good all things considered. Then when the divorced happened and we're trying to figure out how everything was going to work out the The phones payment system the same or maybe there are so many other things we were wrestling with that the phone payment was pretty far down in the list. We just had other things we were dealing with. Anyway, we've noted the last couple months that the prepaid account was still hitting the joint account and they need to be taken off the account in each of us be responsible for our own prepaid phone systems.

I of course thought this was going to be a duck soup kind of situation. Just drop into a Verizon store and do the deed. Boy was I off. I must admit I've been real busy this December and have either Forgetting about the project of changing the credit card are just not having time left when I did remember that I needed to get this done. So last week I stopped in to the Verizon wireless store on 5400 S. and Redwood Road . I was so enthusiastic I really want to do this grown-up thing redirecting credit card payment. However my balloon was summarily popped when I was informed that the regular Verizon stores found in malls across the state were not what I wanted. The task I wanted to do could only be done through a Verizon corporate store. In the sales guy or gal that I was visiting with had no idea where one of these stores might exist.

And of course tried to call Verizon but soon realized the frustration I was going to feel when I could not land a human being to talk to. Then, the next day, I figured will maybe I can do the whole thing over the Internet! Sure why not isn't this what the Internet was made for? Once again I was defeated by technology. I had to have layer upon layer of security passes to get the somebody who could make the change. I had to have a four digit number, and passwords to validate who I was and to convince the mastermind that I truly wanted to change the credit card account that payments have been made to my own specialized these account.

Today, I found out that a corporate Verizon store was located in the sugarhouse area not far from where I used to go to wellness. I actually stopped at Barnes & Noble and ended up asking to senior volunteer Christmas gift wrappers where the Verizon store was. These ladies really helped, they were great. They hit the same walls that I did but this did not stop them they found me an address and sent me on my way. I was semi-excited. The Verizon store was busy, of course it's Christmas. I found a person who met me at the door and directed me over to where I need to go for what I needed to do. I really wanted someone to just assist me but they were not going to do that. They directed me over to a house phone and the special number to dial for the change. Of course, this is computerized, and I was doing fairly good until I got to the point where I had to enter my visa card number into the system. Mind you I had to cradle the phone between my shoulder in my ear so I can hear the voice and then follow the prompts from the computer voice and while doing this have my cell phone in one hand my credit card on my lap and my other hand which is less than physically useful enter the numbers of the card which invariably I would fail. Mind you by this time I also had a person (a real-life person either from Mexico in the Middle East) also trying to walk me through the process. It is only when my frustration I found one of the wandering Verizon techs who finally walked me through. Somewhere along the line I was prompted to agree to the new charger $40 for the next month but earlier in the day and received an email saying that I had already been charged for the next month. So confusion reigned as I try to explain this to the technician at this point I just wanted to call.

Now I have numerous emails saying that I paid my $40 as well as did I authorize changing the payment of my prepaid account. I think I'm okay. I asked the guy as I was leaving, the technician, who assured me that if I had any issues like a double charge I could come back to that store in me would work it out. It seemed like light sparked off his teeth as he smiled at me – – that fine corporate smile from the Verizon corporate store lackey


No comments: