Sunday, December 10, 2017

It's Jell-O Time


Some nights I just stare at the screen and hope that I will find something to write about. I do not think it's block per se it's just that I've not done anything to be stimulated any kind of process that would result in a decent posting. I believe a blog should be more than just a journal, and reporting of what went on that day or whatever. I am recording.

The most significant thing, I believe I've done this weekend, is getting the majority of my Christmas cards more specifically I family's Christmas cards. I family is about the only group that I send cards to any more. I would've had all the cards stud today are not lost my Tablet. I had my latest family address list on that tablet. Now I have to generate a new list of family addresses. So besides making a hard copy of the list put in my files I will also keep a list or copy of the list on “my drive”. Hopefully, this will cut down the stress next holiday season.

I have become a cynical Christmas card sender. There was a time when I took great pride in jotting down notes of significance in each Christmas card I was sent. I secretly detested getting cards from people with just their names scrawled across the bottom. However, that is exactly what I do now. To my brothers and sisters which I should detail the goings of my life, so that they know that I'm doing okay. But I don't. I handwriting which was pretty bad that even worse now. Yesterday when I started this project I almost built into a trap of trying to figure out how to use the computer to address the envelopes. I use the computer very well with my date the letters. My computer addresses my envelopes just fine which a chance, the long narrow legal type envelope. I wanted to go to a envelope for the Christmas cards. I tried for about three hours yesterday trying to get the envelope addressed and it seems like I'm missing just one small step in the process. So, using one of the lessons I learned this year, I dropped the whole project cold and hand addressed the 10 envelopes. Like I said these envelopes were not pretty but I believe they were readable– – just barely. One of my challenges for this next year is to learn how to reformat my printer to print these envelopes. This really should be a simple task a clear example of computers making a life easier and better right now however, that is not the case. I was going to ask my son, Mark Anthony, when he came over this evening to visit. We spent the evening working on my new tablet To link the tablet with my Wi-Fi system here at the apartments or to link up with my extremity that I purchased so that I could get out to the Internet whenever I wanted since the apartments Wi-Fi is relatively worthless. But of course, I forgot to ask if he knew how to recalibrate printing on different sized envelopes.

The second most significant thing I did this weekend was make green Jell-O with cottage cheese and pineapple. A treat for the end of the weekend which I think I will partake out now.


No comments: