Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Christmas Cold


Got the heat turned up to 79, 80 seems just too decadent, I have been home now couple of hours and I have finally warming up. It's Tuesday my Assist.Inc. Day– the day I go downtown and if I have any other business I need to do but try to wrap it up in this day as well. The clouds back during the night and the sun shone giving the day of brilliance but little warmth.

My Assist Inc. meeting was short even though we have a full page of requests to consider. Most of the other board members were absent which meant there was far less discussion and we just cruised right along one name after another. I really wanted Christmas stamps for my cards this year so I figured why not go down to the post office and pick some stamps up. I plan to jump the train, the blue line, and get off at the downtown mall. It's just around the corner but soon I was wondering downtown. I eventually got to the post office . I was cold and grateful to be out of the elements. I don't know why I was surprised but there was too long lines of customers that are managed packages and mail hands. This was the downtown post office after all. It's Christmas! My bottom hurt, I tilted my chair back to take the pressure off my butt. I could tell it was going to be a long wait. There are three harried Postal workers assisting customers. One frustrated employee was helping the one customer who did not have any of the information that he needed to trace a piece of lost mail. The computers were down or the computers were working but they cannot access the Internet and USPS Central. For some reason this was a bottleneck in the two remaining clerks just cannot get any momentum with their customers. I laid back and looked at the ceiling and warmed up. Eventually, the consumer gave up agreeing to come back in a couple of hours one for sure that the Internet would be available in the computer problem sorted out. I was amazed. The mood inside the post office changed, was like the sun came out from behind the clouds. The lines begin to flow soon I had my 20 stamps – – Christmas window stamps and a cost of $9.80.


I am always amazed at how the cold now drains my energy. After stops at the Best Buy check up on issue and the market to get salad dressing. I really am going to focus on the salads and effort to lose some Thanksgiving weight gain.I also stopped at the college on the way home to get cash out for tomorrow's purchase of a tablet to replace the one I lost. I felt I had dressed warmly – – which I had. I wore my red jackets with a scarf all I really needed was gloves. I know I have a pair around here somewhere. The gloves are not nice leather gloves like I used to have in better times but they will do. Tomorrow I have to take the red line up to the University around 5 o'clock. Tomorrow will be another cold daysix

No comments: