Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Season of Miracles


I am fortunate that there exists a full shopping hundred just a block away from my apartment. This allows me to do my own shopping ,which I'm currently grateful, the main drawback to having a market this close is that they tend to shop too much. Realizing this, I began to limit my visits to the market or patronizing market further down the street make it more difficult for me to spontaneously shop. Of course, the winter with his challenging temperatures, makes it a little less convenient to shop at a moments notice. Having said all this, this week I have really noticed a lot of my regular items are being consumed to the point where I'm going to have to go back to the market and today I did. I am nearly out of jalapeno peppers, fresh fruit and a few other items.

I am surviving living out my backup chair. I'm not having a but issues I have had in the past is still vastly uncomfortable as well as having a devil of a time staying in the chair itself. Getting into bed last night was a little spooky and it took me two hours from the time I can't the time I was dressed enough to leave my apartment this morning. Luckily, and surprisingly, my repaired sure was returned this evening. Now I just have to figure how to get from my backup chair back into my regular power chair. In the old days I was just jumped from one share the next but not since the stenosis. I think I'm going to have to do now is wait until my healthcare provider worker gets you tomorrow and that make the trade-off when she can help.

I guess I could've waited, perhaps I felt guilty for missing my Assist, Inc. meeting this morning. With the inversion as intense as it currently is mixed with the freezing temperatures coupled with a power chair that is less than convenient/ideal was just enough impetus to call in sick for my meeting. This will be okay since rarely do I this, miss a meeting. And now that I think about it I would've gone out today except for Irene one of the tenants here at the apartment complex wanted me to go with her over to the market.Irene's frail and I was surprised that she won't be willing to go to the market on foot so I really want to encourage Irene to be independent or at least more independent. Turns out she stood me up so I ended up going to the market because I was all dressed up for it.

It is really weird about this market. They only have one basket – – that's right: black basket – – those plastic baskets with the handle that you can carry around your shopping with. It seems like this stores customers stolen all the baskets except one in that basket is never around when I need it. There is always boxes being unloaded at the market so I find a basket size box and do my shopping. Today's box, I found, is quite sturdy and think I will try to keep it around to take with me when I go shopping.


The technician who drove my chair back to the apartments was waiting for me outside my apartment and I got back from the market. It's great to have chair back and look forward tomorrow to be placed back in chair after my shower. I'd like to transfer its night that did not happen and it's all good. I love being a season of miracles.

No comments: