Saturday, December 23, 2017

Couch Surfer


I have company coming over tonight. Someone I am very close to is having issues at the house and needs a place to crash and probably talk for a couple of nights. This should be an interesting experience for both of us I'm sure. I'm really glad that my buddy Dave stayed over last week on his trip to Idaho. This turned out to be said of a dry run for tonight. What's cool is that now I know I can do it everything from having the person sleep on the floor to hang around the facility. I wish my clean person had not been sick this go around. There were been nice to have the unit a little cleaned up. I've been really going downhill last couple days. I think it might be related to the wound on my butt.

I'm not sure why the wound is where it is – – I mean, I know it's where I sit, it's how I said is the problem I think and how I said is partially related to my cushion on the power chair and to the condition of the foot pedals of the power chair and how the foot plates make me sit in the chair and puts weird pressure on different parts of my butt. Please ago, wearing my corduroys which I think is the culprit, my skin finally gave way and will and developed very rapidly. Yesterday morning I had my staff put a dressing on the one which surely cut down on the pain during the day, so I thought I was getting better. However on inspection last night in bed it really felt like my wound was open really open. I put Bag Balm on which seemed to help a lot overnight now however I'm beginning to feel the wound again. Hopefully, tomorrow staff will be here again and see what we can do. At least one against damages of the wound I can send I can send to someone (who I don't know really) to see if we can figure out a way to begin the healing process.

I kind of wish now had not been so hard on that little nurse practitioner who is wondering around a couple months ago trying to get me on his service. I still believe I am too active to be considered plus the fact I not ready to give everything up just to go on Medicaid so this little guy can treat me but with the way this wound is it would be nice to have someone who actually came to your apartment and worked on you here.. But as I was saying something in the back of my mind is telling me that I may just have to consider, sooner than later going into long-term care and hope I just get a good facility. As soon as I write this however, I think of all the arguments of how smart it is to keep somebody in their own living scenario as long as possible if nothing else the fact it costs so much less to the system. And heck who knows to me neither be a system to go to the way the federal government is panning out. There you have it I have company for the next couple days – – would've believed? – – And after that who knows? I hope for my guest's sake this time of couch surfing will be quick allowing him to get on the rest of his life.


on

No comments: