Thursday, December 07, 2017

Mr. Cool


Today was First Chapter Book Club that reading group my ex-employergot me involved with a couple months ago. I believe I have blogged about this group before 5/7 kids/folks with developmental disabilities some pretty significant reading each week. It's a good program enough said.

It's still cold but like yesterday there was no clouds so with the sunshine and my new gloves I did not feel nearly as taxed today as I did yesterday. I can still feel the effect of the weather on my person. I had coffee social this morning and sort of took it easy the rest of the morning and afternoon. Today was cleaning day, I have a cleaning woman who again I think I have discussedi n the confines of this blog.I think this talk way too much to Cindy my cleaning person. But she says it helps her with the cleaning process, Cindy says it's speeds her along. But she's fun to visit with and I really do appreciate her taking direction on how I want the apartment cleaned. Once again, last night I did not sleep well but I got by okay today. I really need to get into the habit of taking a nap in the middle of the day particularly if I feel I need to. I'm intrigued by how many of the ladylike visit with here at the apartment complex to a two or three in the morning and stay up but take a nap later in the day they seem to get by really well. Traditionally I hate taking naps but I think I would take more naps now I thought it were fairly simple. But it's not. I would have to take my shoes off then get into bed which is relatively simple getting out of bed completely dressed is a challenge for me. But many feel better during the day to get rid of that sleep drag I often experience when I do not get enough rest during the nights I might be willing to try. I say that but then I never do.

Today I fiddled around the apartment, the clean apartment, and tell 3 o'clock then I went to the bus stop and hopped the 217 southbound. I got the library around 3:30 PM. I want to be sure at the time to hang out check out the new books. As I entered the library and noticed Hector was already at the library's in one of the overstuffed chairs in the lobby. I am kind of impressed with Hector. I'm not sure what his nationality is. I call him Hector. (Hector is not his real name, I am protecting myself in case Hector ever reads this blog. I'm not sure what his disability is. Whatever the disability Hector seems to be doing quite well. I'm always impressed at his reading ability as well as his willingness to help other folks in the group with difficult words. Hector is a quite glad. He's quiet and very deliberate. I'm amused and somewhat impressed with what he knows. I don't know he can be ADHD, somewhere on the spectrum, it's difficult to tell. He really does not engage a whole lot with other consumers in this program. Sometimes he will produce more for the group director. Anyway, I barely noticed him as I rolled in and over to the book sale. I notice and then sitting in the chair sort of absorbed in what he was doing. I did manage to wave to him and he waved back.


Hector reads well. I think Hector does everything fairly well within the limitations of his disability. I suspect those programs like this reading class that allows him to engage by reason to engage in other people and even be an assistant/helper sometimes. He does not necessarily correct a reader just offers the right word or the word if the reader is having difficulty.. As I think we're friends but I do not think we are. I don't think these kids/consumers know what to think of me in relationship to the group I know I really have a grip on what I'm doing their. The one time the group director, Debbie, asked me to take the group on I cannot because of prior commitments. I think Hector can easily teach this group given the opportunity I think he would soar. Maybe one day you'll get the chance

No comments: