Monday, December 10, 2018

Call Me Irresponsible


y

Sometime yesterday I remember seeing out of the corner of my eye my Samsung 10.1 Tab lying on floor. I didn't pay much attention to the device figured out pick it up at a later point in the weekend. This morning I was going to work on my electronic journal no one to use my 10.1 for the project. I engaged when a my sticks with the high friction end and drug the tablet off the floor onto my lap. That's when I noticed the horrible spiderlike blemish radiating from the left hand corner of my tablet. I would not say the screen the shattered but it was certainly compromised probably by me running over the tablet at some point during the weekend. I don't remember this if I did or did not register.

On first evaluation I thought the machine was ruined (which it probably is but I refuse to acknowledge its total demise). However I messed around with the tablet and found three force of the page would load up and many of the items I could do with three quarters of the page. The speaker was still good as I assume the camera is. If nothing else I can use the 10.1 shattered screen tablet as is radio station receiver. I know that's a little overkill is the best way that I can deal with my traumatized equipment. I'm still quite perplexed that I have taken this in such good stride. It's not that I'm going to drop everything and head on down to Best Buy And plop down a couple hundred bucks for another 10.1. Sadly, I have to learn to live with my irresponsibility and destructive nature. But just for the fun of it I will check on KS L.com to see if they have any tablets in their classifieds. Just out of curiosity. If nothing else I don't have to purchase one today off this website but when I feel I need to I will know where the 10.1s are.. I've been playing with the the broken tablet all afternoon off and on finding out how much I can use it (which is quite a bit actually it might be hard to justify getting another one right off). I can get by but that is what I always say. I was a little curious and amused when my son, Mark Anthony responded to a posting I put up on Facebook with a picture of the damaged goods. He texted back that it was a real “bummer” but if I wanted to saddle up and head back to Costco he's up for it anytime. So I guess I must've picked up this tablet at Cosco and Mark went with the last time.

Again out of curiosity when I got some time to myself after Honey left this afternoon I did go on to KSL.com and check their classifieds they had to 10.1 Samsung tablets one $130 and another tablet for $200. Both indicate that they are brand-new never out-of-the-box. That they had received the machines at office parties as a reward of one sort or another but never got around to opening the box and using them. I don't know how old the machines are with the are brand-new. I don't think I will act on these machines right now but it is comforting to know that I'm sure they'll be something available the next time I get the urge for a new machine to replace the last one I irresponsibly rolled over are dropped.

No comments: