Sunday, December 30, 2018

Ham And Bean Soup



It's been so cold I have not wanted to go out. I know this makes me sound weak but Seriously is no reason for me to get all dressed up and go out in the cold and then in the afternoon the snow came and it snowed for a large part of the afternoon. I don't know what's good be like tomorrow so maybe I will be going out tomorrow either but that's all right I've cooked beans all day today in fact I just heard the heat off on good have to wait a while before I put them away. What I'm saying is there's no need for me to go out until next Thursday for bookclub. Tuesday's New Year's so my regular meeting downtown will not happen. So I'm spending the last few hours of this year, today and tomorrow, enjoying the heat insecurity of my apartment with more than enough food, technology and a link to the Internet will take me anyplace in the world and beyond…

I just got off the marathon phone call with my friend in the Netherlands what a great technology to let a person visit with somebody else doing up video chat for as long as I want for basically For the cost of my Internet connection. This is a person I doubt that I will ever physically meet which is too bad because I think I would really like to physically meet this person and who knows maybe someday. But we can certainly visit over the Internet.What a great technology. What a great time to be alive.

I cannot believe the amount of beans that I made today. Tomorrow when the hot of beans Have cooled down to the point of manageability I'm going to freeze most of the beans into quart size bags to eat over the next couple of months. Then I'll be done cooking for a while. I guess this is a great way to jump into the next year having enough food made to not worry about cooking anything until February at the earliest. There's still things that love be cooking but I don't think I will now. I'm really anxious to cook a roast beef. I would've cooked a roast beef had I not already thawed out this ham, I did not want to lose this pile of meat so I processed it so that have a bone to cook the beans with. So I have literally a hole ham in packages in my freeze. So I'm really set.

You may ask what I plan to do for New Year's and I will tell you. I lived a facility where their idea of a New Year's Eve party starts at 3 PM and is probably over by six. As I stated earlier I doubt that I'm going out anywhere tomorrow night. The buses will not be running and I will have no other way to get around except my power chair to hear I will be. But that's okay. I don't know if I will stay up till New Year's but you never know I might go out at New Year'sIf nothing more than to hang on some pans and irritate the hell out of my neighbors who've been asleep since 8 PM

No comments: