Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Mystery Gifter



I do not know what I can use for an excuse this year except I just didn't get out and do any Christmas shopping for gifting. This is really a poor excuse when you think about all there opportunities there are for actually gifting the easiest being online gifts. You know, when you set somebody up with X amount of dollars on a certain website the easiest being Amazon, a music service of some sort are even eBay. My kids of been doing it for years for me and I've always enjoyed getting 10, 15,20 bucks on a online gift card that lets me buy books are whatever I would like to online. Now I can even get streaming video which is just amazing.

Something which I thought is been kind of cute the past couple of days is to find a small gift wedged between the door handle. It usually Hershey's kisses and the candy cane or something like that. There's never any kind of identification as to where it came from but still nice. I didn't do anything like that this year which makes me sort of a jerk I guess. I think residents probably thought I was a bit of a humbug this year because I did not go to the resident dinner put on by management. Luckily, I was able to put together a lunch at a restaurant with one of my friends which gave me an ample excuse not to attend the resident/management Christmas party.

I was surprised yesterday morning when I went out of my apartment to find a bag hanging from my door handle. Look like to rolls of fabric inside the gift bag. I thought maybe it was those flannel blankets which I kind of like. In fact I have a number of them couple I've made into ponchos cutting a hole in the center drapey it over my body which is worked very well in the cold weather specially when I'm wearing shorts. I actually picked up a couple more this year from folks with I needed something like this. I thought they were more flannel blankets in the bag but I was wrong it was actually to new longsleeve shirts rolled up and stuffed in the bag! I was pleased but somewhat bummed at the same time. It was nice to be remembered by someone willing to actually purchase a fairly significant gift particularly if it was an individual from the apartment complex. They are nice shirts and I would sure wear them if they were not too small. Of course, went to the tags first and immediately could tell they would not work. Begin the sad part being these are anonymous gifts. I think it would have been kind of nice If they were going to be anonymous that they had at least included the sales receipt so that I could return the product for a larger version. Quite frankly, don't know what to do. I can certainly donate it to the sharing shelf but that would hurt the feelings of who gifted me, I think if they were to see thatGarments on the shelf. I surely do not want to throw them away, I could put them up in the closet for a couple of months and then drop them off at the DI or something but that seems bad too. I just don't know. I love a mystery gifter, I just wished they had gifted the receipt as well… Oh well it's the spirit of the season that counts.


No comments: