Saturday, December 15, 2018

Even Tide



It is now Saturday night and I'm sitting home in front of my computer doing my blog for the day. I really thought about what I was doing earlier this afternoon thinking to myself it would be kind of fun to have some place or someone to go out with this evening. I was wondering if I have become the typical American elderly shut in. I don't think that I or I could just be in denial which would not surprise me at all. I looked at my van and I knew that even if I did want to go somewhere even if I have a driver the van's battery is probably dead as a door nail. But I got to thinking, even if I still had my license I doubt that I really saddle up and go anywhere particularly on my own. I thought about possibly if I had a group/posse and they were doing something I might possibly go out and meet them, maybe. Even here at the living center/apartments I really don't do a lot with my fellow people. I don't like the activities that they do – – I like the people – – I don't play cards (I don't have the patience) I don't color like some of the women do around here. I do not enjoy the movies/television series they offer here on “movie night our movie afternoon”. And just like earlier in the week I boycotted the annual Christmas dinner/luncheon because of the weird cable arrangements as well as the gameplaying I mean like bingo, why elephants in the singing of Christmas carols. I'm trying to make friends here that I could conceivably do things with that but that has not happened. It's not like Dianne and I had an active social life didn't we pretty much just sat home especially towards the last. And honestly the survey was not Diane's fault, not really, I'm just a deadbeat I think. I probably always have been I just would like to admit.

It's not like things are going to change, particularly now that this point in my life, so I just better make do with what I have it be thankful for what I have. I really do appreciate social media and the ability that social media tools like Facebook has that allows you to really make contact with people you've been out of the loop with for decades since grade school been cases. Not that they are clamoring to follow up with you now it's just very few want to the opportunities just there if you dare. This afternoon and early evening I benched the life of Leonardo da Vinci. I learned something and it was really well done for free Amazon prime offering. I think Now I will go back to do a life of Whistler and whatever other offerings they have. Sometime in the face right now I will probably stick with great painters or illustrators. I mean after all and 67 Saturday night but more do I have to look forward to?

No comments: