Thursday, December 20, 2018

Long Days Santa Plays

Just before I went on…



I'm exhausted. It's been a very long day. Because I had an emergency dental appointment at 7 AM across the street I elected to have Dana my home health person, come in at 530 to do my process which sounds like a bigger deal than it is since I like to get up early anyway but still it was early and I woke up even earlier than that just because I want to be sure to be awake when Dana got here are before she got.

Sure enough the tooth I'm having a problem with Is the same tooth I was at the doctor's office last week about. Apparently the tooth in question is so destroyed that the solutions Dr. Alan uses just does not work. I was not going to sweat the issue this morning I've decided that I'm always good old money this person so enjoy the ride: I ordered more nitrous oxide. I told the girl I did didn't care roll it all away up to the top give me all the gas I can take it she kind of did. I was feeling pretty damn good Dr. Alan got around to shooting me with the Novocain did deaden the tooth or what was left of whatever we were working on today. He was positive he felt he could fix the “nub” by using some other form of adhesive or whatever. He said he felt good with this solution but if it did work we would try something else and I believe him. It's going to keep something there for me to use for grinding food in the back there. It was kind of weird I usually stop at the front desk to find out with the damage is going to be financially. However Cindy told me to follow her, that I was done leading me through the office and out the side door that I used to exit and enter this facility. I felt a little suspect but I suppose they will get me if they need me after all they know where I live.

It's the last Thursday before Christmas that means it's the independent living center's Christmas party and once again I am taking on the part of Santa. As you all know, I've done this part for years and years at this facility. I kind of like it. I really didn't have much time after coffee social this morning to get back to my apartment and get ready to catch the bus or train over to the library. I really enjoy seeing people I used to work with been catching up with what's going on with their lives. If I get to the office early I can snag a free lunch. This year it was spaghetti and garlic bread and much better than I thought it was going to be. It was a good crowd, not as many as last year but a good crowd just the same. I was pleased that “Mrs. Santa” would be joining me this year. Last year she was quite sick and I flew it alone. Didn't get as many images of myself as I would've liked but I did get part of it documented the part right before I went out. It was a good experience this year.

I drove like a crazy man up the street and over to the train stop and hop the red line out to the library for Book Club. I'd received a text I realized from Avery the coordinator of the program since you Scott and traffic and to be getting there late. The other coordinators never got there late not that I'm saying Avery doesn't care as much but there does seem to be some patterns developing. Anyway, Avery got there about 20 minutes late and I guess it didn't really matter because no one else showed just me and Avery. I suppose that's all right like I said I'm very tired but it would've been even better had I not have to gone out to the library. But all in all it's been a good day.okay

No comments: