Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve



I'm kind of embarrassed to be honest. Today is Christmas Eve and to be honest I was kind of feeling the holiday. I was going to really put the ham that I got from the food bank on Saturday on to cook today so I would have cold cuts for Christmas eve and Christmas day however, I got a tag on my front door indicating that Marjorie the resident at our apartment complex from England was going to cook a ham and have it available for dinner at about 6 o'clock and anyone who want to participate could drop in.

Ham dinner at 6 o'clock kind of defeated by ham baking excitement. I really should've focused on cleaning the apartment delis putting some kind of organization to the chaos. I actually wrote one letter and readdressed one of the Christmas cards that were returned last week got them out in the mail. As feeling too productive at that point. I accident given up any kind of weight maintenance for this year. I gained another kilogram I noticed this morning after my shower. I'm trying not to let this bum me out and just enjoy the holiday fixings.

I had the cash and really I had the time. Sometime during the morning I checked the movie schedules as well as the bus schedules. Redwood Road was running every 15 minutes of the movie I chose for today was Spiderman and that Spider Universe a piece of animation around your friendly neighborhood Spiderman. The day was surprisingly warm, plenty of sunshine and temperatures did really climb fairly high when I went out to check. I grabbed my black blanket and backpack and off I went.

I caught the 1:40 PM showing . I was not going to do the basic movie food but I caved in. Luckily I still had a few licorice twists from yesterday, I got a small popcorn and a drink. The movies been out for some time at least a week I was kind of hoping that most of the moviegoing public would be Aquaman and I guess they would've been more at that movie had Aquaman not been sold out of the three theaters. Spiderman and Spiderman however and is going to be kids but they were at least Spidey kids.

The movie is good I liked it anyway. A lot of multiple universe stuff in quantum mechanics and it was all going pretty fast. I tried to keep up it was kind of difficult I finally gave up sat back and enjoyed the ride. I should go to it again to see if I get more out but I don't know if I can handle all the noise – – boy do I sound old.

I almost didn't go to the ham dinner. Actually the ham was provided and prepared by one of the residents of the apartments and anyone else was invited to bring whatever they'd like. I even purchased a casserole dish as going to make green bean casserole but it was too late by the time I got home. This was a much better Christmas Festival dinner the mid-had earlier in the month. There was leftovers which will be brought out tomorrow lunch I will do it again. This is great be a perfect Christmas dinner with friends here at the complex. This kind of what I wanted anyway. My brother stopped by and witnessed by horrible looking apartment but was glad that I'd gotten out to the movies. May go to bed early and read.

No comments: