Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas 2018



Christmas is always such a long day for me . Don't get me wrong it's not necessarily a bad day just a long day. I didn't eat breakfast just because I knew we are having our second holiday dinner at noon today and I want to mitigate the caloric intake as much as I could. Even having skipped breakfast and piecemeal in here and there a piece of fruit, a couple of pieces of jerky from the gifts my brother brought in some trail mix. Still at 7 o'clock this evening I feel bloated and wish that my home health person could come this evening as opposed tomorrow morning. I received a text message earlier indicating she would be late tomorrow because she has to take her beast to the veterinarian. Of course, what can I say? That I got to thinking when the veterinarians open our office? Hopefully will not be too late but if so cares I guess after all of the day after Christmas what am I going to do?

I was going to really think about going to the movies today but sadly as I scrolled through times and selections available this afternoon a solid pickups are pretty slim add to that the buses aren't working many not have to drive my chair up and back to the moviehouse. I could do this but the more I thought about such an ordeal I thought why? I've got more than enough to keep me occupied here at the apartment. I need to clean it up now that the holidays over I can put away the Christmas cards and such for another year as well is the preparations I was doing for the holiday. Dinner was just as good as last night's perhaps the food not as fresh but just as tasty and way too much for someone trying to lose weight. Following dinner I did feel bloated it's good thing there was no cake or pie or other delicacy for dessert. However, if I was on the fence about taking in a movie this afternoon I have fallen off the fence by the end of dinner.

Faithfully my daughter called and we had a nice Christmas discussion. She had a few moments before she had to prepare a Christmas meal of her own for friends and family members there in Oregon. A placed a call to my old friend Dennis was also quite the benefactor to me this holiday season and we had a fairly good discussion. I still recall another friend of mine before the day is out. I wanted to a little more picking up around the place and then maybe get down to do some reading before the day is out. There's not much on television. I cannot even find any movies I would be willing to rent with the Amazon card my daughter sent which means I'm going to be reading are going to sleep early. I kind of thought I might hear something from Mark Anthony but the best I got was a text and that's good enough. I know it probably does not sound like a joyous holiday for me but it's joyous enough I'm so thankful for where I am and how I am on this Christmas of 2018.

No comments: