Saturday, December 22, 2018

Christmas Tidings Of Good Joy




One of the things I like best about where I live is that I'm just a couple blocks from a major motion picture theater, the Regal Crossroads. The crossroads has 14 screens and the place is remarkably attractive. I'm trying to get a part-time job there which is not been to promising so far but I want to make Regal Crossroads one of my New Year's resolutions right up there with auditing classes at the community college. However, these resolutions are fodder for another blog posting at another time.

It's Christmas! Christmas movies of tumbled out of Hollywood or wherever like a giant Christmas sock turned upside down and emptied out. I have about four or Five that I would like to take in over the holiday. I don't know if I would categorize any of these films is blockbusters this year, don't get me wrong the films would do well I just don't know their blockbusters.These films include

Spider-Man: Into the Spider
Mortal Engines
Ralph Breaks The Internet
Second Act
Bumblebee
On the Basis of Sex.

These are not listed in order but they are the titles I am most interested in. I'm actually a member of the Regal movie club which means I get points each time I go to the movies. I found out that I have a few thousand points accrued enough to score me a small bag of popcorn. I also found I have five days to use them are they'll be taken away.Free popcorn and Christmas are the best reasons I can think of to go binging at the Regal. Actually, the only thing holding me back was I figured if I were to do this Monday and Tuesday traditionally are set aside dates for seniors and I can watch movies for five dollars a shot. However, this may not be the case for this coming Monday and Tuesday just because it's Christmas Eve and Christmas day which are big gun movie days. So I don't know if I can use the excuse of senior discount. I am feeling guilty for spending money on movies – – even though I can. It just feels irresponsible.

I'm all confused I had forgotten that today was Saturday and I try not to worry about mail on the weekends. I figure if it's bad news can wait till Monday if it's good news I'll enjoy the good news on Monday. Because of a scheduling mishap with my health care worker we moved my Friday shower and toileting to Saturday, today. I checked the mail and had three Christmas cards which kind of shocked me since I'd gotten all my family's cards, I thought so far. Still I was pleased to be remembered. I was intrigued one of the cards was from a good buddy of mine from the old days. I wasn't surprised he it actually contacted me by text requested my address. But did surprise me, significantly was that when I opened up the card $100 bill slipped out!! Wow! What a treat. The hundred dollar bill is crisp and new the kind you like to drop in that game where you hold the bill between the thumb and forefinger spread apart and then drop the legal tender and see if the other person's reflexes are quick enough to pinch and capture the falling bill. I'm blown away of course that somebody would send me this much money. I'm flattered and humbled. I think of 1 million things to spend the money on all of which would be more responsible for what I'm thinking that's right… Movies!

I don't know if I'm going to binge – – that would be something kind of fun to do on Christmas day since there's nothing else for me to do or not. I just wish my buddy lived closer and that somewhere in the beaten-down movie theater they are having a James Bond marathon and we could set together, eat popcorn, red vines and sip Cherry Coke like we did 50 years ago. Merry Christmas Dennis thanks.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

You are welcome. I wish we could go to a movie, but I assure you I'm not moving to Zion!