Friday, December 28, 2018

No Green Eggs Just Ham




I did it! I cooked the ham I got from food bank last week today. As ask a going to cook this ham are warm it up since supposedly it's already cooked, Christmas Eve but then the apartment complex folks at the spontaneous potluck ham dinner. And then we had the leftovers from that ham dinner the next day on Christmas. However I had thawed out the ham and I figured I'd better use it or lose it.Possibly, truth be told, I may have been a little bit intimidated because this was a whole ham! The ham we fixed for the apartment complex was about the same size and fed 7 to 10 people twice with two plates that were taken home afterward. What was I go to do with the whole ham, holy SMOKED HAM.

So little after 12 o'clock, just before Terry Gross and FRESH AIR I cut my hand out of the mesh took off the tinfoil wrapping/to the plastic wrap and threw it in the roaster I got a couple weeks ago. The ham almost fit but I couldn't put the lid on so I end up making a tent tinfoil – – that's what you're supposed to do right? I thought about using a little packet of glaze but then said screw it all just be happy to get this thing heated up and packaged and frozen. I mean really all I wanted really was the bones that I could use to make ham and beans. But the ham is free, to me, courtesy of the food bank. But I have the lose? Soon, I was intoxicated with the smell of ham radiating from My oven. The odor was quite intense.

While all this was going on I was actually washing clothes and trying to clean the apartment a little bit. My son and his wife were coming over may and I did not want to look too helpless. Need help with finding my printer actually helping my computer find the printer before I have to print kids letters come the first of the month our first of the year holy cow and New Year's, and I'm not ready. In Mark and Kristy got here They jumped in and helped clean the kitchen which desperately needed their attention. I was so glad because there is someone to help me lift the ham out of the oven. I believe I've written before about how sensitive my smoke alarm is and usually when I open up the oven In the heat Invariably sets off the smoke alarm driving me crazy.Mark worked on my computer and Kristy did a great job on the kitchen and they lifted the ham out of the oven. I really wanted them to have a portion of the ham just because they're so much of it but they left before I could start deboning the beast. I cut up 3 quart bags of ham that I threw in the freezer and then I put the bone in a gallon bag and put in the freezer which I plan to make human beings this weekend… Maybe.


No comments: