Friday, December 14, 2018

Thankful Thoughts



I really am a jerk. I know I've said that before but it just keeps coming around that I really am a jerk. As you know today was the apartment resident Christmas dinner. And I really did not have any desire to attend this event. About last year and I think the year before and I just was not impressed. I know this event is not about me but sharing the holiday experience with everyone at this event but I was just so unimpressed last year but I did want to be part of the event this year. Luckily for me my good buddy Duane have been in contact with me earlier in the week about having our own holiday dinner. We have a loose tradition of having a Yule time meal together. I really appreciate Duane making time to hang with me. Not only did the event give me something to look forward to, with great anticipation but The event also gave me an honest excuse to give to the old ladies when they asked if I was attending the luncheon. And the real sad part was I enjoyed giving them that information. I really just do not like white elephants and sing-alongs… Does that make me a Scrooge? Perhaps yes. That's okay I can take it.

I don't recall if I shared with you all of my regular staff Dana as that not all week. That was kind of scary when she first dropped the bomb that should be out a week before Christmas. I have not had good luck with “floaters” from the agency Dana works for. Many times the person was either late or did not show up at all are when they did show up give me the feeling that they would rather be anywhere on earth then here working with me doing my ADLs. All week long I have been fortunate to have Honey work with my staff filling in for Dana. Honey was my staff before Dana and I forgot how great it was working with Honey. She is a delight and I'm so thankful to have her as backup. I'm willing to work around whatever I need to have her back up Dana when I need to. Honey is in the middle of her “clinicals” a process are part of her education to become registered nurse. I usually have my staff at seven in the morning but this week I had one meeting in the morning and the other to about three afternoon which is worked out just fine. I almost have to say Honey is my second Christmas miracle this year. Cannot believe how smoothly this is worked out.

I have a friend in the Netherlands. This friend is an artist going to start times and I was on messenger with her this evening when I got notification from the secretary of a private nonprofit that I'm acting with that she needed my bio. I thought I have already go but I cannot find it. My friend in the Netherlands is quite depressed but visiting with her always eliminates to me how good that I have my life and how lucky I am to be doing and living as good as I am. I have some much to be thankful for.I see have reached my 500 words so I think I better close before I get sloppy. This is the joyful season got blesses everyoneWhole

No comments: