Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Fa la la, la la la la la la


I used to never forget things. I know I probably have yapped about this in the past but I've been ruminating all day about making an appointment. Remember couple weeks ago I dropped that filling out of my tooth? Well we did the emergency patch 20 or 30 minutes of the chair space and a quick 85 bucks not turn back out onto the street almost with no novocaine. At the conclusion of my emergency dental trip made an appointment for two weeks for my cleaning and checkup. Last week I was busily enjoying my morning and all of a sudden I got a phone call asking if I was going to make the appointment. I was late! I couldn't believe I spaced something as important as a dental trip.  Hemmed and hummed My way out of the appointment indicating I would be more the happy to show up today. Sometime yesterday I got the phone call from the machine reminded me of the appointment and then I noticed on my email there is also a notification there a set appointment. My appointment was set for 2 o'clock.

There was no Assist, Inc. meeting today given me the day off how splendid. I worked on Christmas cards/gift cards for the granddaughters one to be sure those got out today. But some groceries away put coffee purchased yesterday into my regular daily coffee container. Around 11 o'clock I was getting ready to work out when all of a sudden I flashed on today's the day of my dental appointment! I immediately called and confirmed but I almost missed it I could not believe how irresponsible I am becoming. 

The best thing about having my dock right across the street is that I can leave five minutes before my appointment and not be late. They always seem to be glad to see me I feel like part of the family. The day was fairly busy I like watching these guys work. Everyone seems to know what they're doing. Well there is a finagling I had to go on because I could not get to the back area where the dental hygienist lives. So we ended up making space in my regular area and Tammy, (why are all dental hygienists named something like Tammy)?I like Tammy I am not really sure how she fits in with the regular staff. She seems friendly with everybody but not in the same way you would be friendly with some people that you really worked with. She seems a bit apart from everyone else that's not a bad thing it's just what I sense. But she is the hygienist she does a thorough job and she went right to work on my mouth. She did the cleaning she did the digging she did the pricking here and there founts of sensitive spots. I don't know what I was thinking. I really thought there will turn me loose saying you look good! No , she was grooming me for Alan the big guy. So, the deficits down looks in my mouth starts finding issues. Two cavities at 107 bucks each if he doesn't find anything “funny” once he gets in there. There is also small charge for fluoride procedure which is done to the my mouth… At half-price – – must be the spirit of the season. I tried to break up the work on the mouth for one cavity tomorrow and another cavity after that but they were right why put my mouth through the trauma of novocaine twice if they can do it all at once (the cavities are right next to each other so they can do it with one shot) I'm paying for nitrous oxide so if nothing else I can enjoy a little time under legal anesthesia in the form of drugs.

I should feel thankful that we found the cavities while they were small and that very little intervention will be needed to remedy the problem and best of all the cavities never went nova and that's a gift Merry Christmas mouth..Fa la la, la la  la la la ls

No comments: