Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve– – 2018

New Year's Eve


Boy did I have a hypochondriacal event during the night. Unbelievable I really begin to worry about myself significantly.Now, in the light of day I don't quite fully recall what was going on but I remember dragging myself out of bed at 3:30 AM because I thought I was coming down with a cold or a flu or some sort. Kind of thought I had a sore throat and it was going to get worse. Honestly, however I really believe I've been on the cusp of becoming sick last couple of days as I whined about in two or three entries into this blog about how I've elected just to stay in my apartment while the temperatures dropped significantly especially with the amount of snow we've gotten recently. This is okay I don't have a problem with this I love my apartment, I love staying in my apartment almost too much. I'm sure some of the folks around this apartment complex think I'm becoming a bit antisocial but except for checking my mail there really isn't a reason for me to go up front except that's where the washrooms that that's fact. So I have to go up there and watch my close once a week is a numerous trips up to and back from the washroom which is usually on Friday or Saturday.

It's Monday morning and of course that means Dana is coming over to do my health care routine i.e. suppository and bath/shower. And I was concerned because if I did have something contagious I certainly didn't want her to come down with whatever I thought that I had it so I actually texted her to significant texts about one my condition and to I've actually put a mask on the front door for her protection that she could wear which I was hoping would limit the amount of exposure she might have to any contagions I might be carrying. Oddly, once I was up I felt pretty darn good. My stuffy had cleared out and I was looking forward to whatever I was going to do today whatever New Year's Eve might bring. I had toyed with the idea of attending the “3 PM new year celebration” but it just seemed to pathetic for attending. Especially if I felt contagious. I got a few things done waiting for Dana to get here like I had 120 minutes or something. I caught up on my journal picked up the kitchen a little bit and wash the crockpot that I cooked all the beans in. I should've called my friend Elske in Nijimegen, Netherlands. It would be actually the time that she could probably visit it would be her morning at some point transitioning to afternoon. This eight hour difference is a real challenge a lot of ways. But I did not I just rolled around enjoying the apartment and wondering if I can make it through the rest of the day thinking perhaps this should be the day that I would take a nap.Speaking of Elske last night as we were communicating and I was telling her about the large pot of beans I had made with the hambone she suggested I use Worchester shire sauce.

When Dana got here I had her put the larger of the two containers of beans and ham into the freezer and I decided I would take the rest of the beans in jazz them up with all kinds of possible flavor. I put in a couple of teaspoons of Worchester shire sauce, crushed red pepper, a fourth of cupof jalapeno pepper juice Salt-and-pepper and even the bay leaf or two. Wow, I now have one snappy cup of soup hambone soup happy new year!

No comments: